Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland deleted!!

tag
ajs813
Established Member

Midland deleted!!

I recieved this email today from a dispute I made 2 days ago. We have researched the credit account. Account # - * The results are:

This item has been deleted
from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Midland Credit MGMT Inc, 8875
Aero Dr Ste 200, San Diego CA 92123-2255 Phone: (800) 825-8131. It was reported back so quickly because I called equifax and demanded to know why the account was being reported at 120 days late and the last late payent status was shown as 2 years after the last activty date. My question is has then happened to anyone else and if so , did the negative account come back? If it was deleted because of inaccurate information, can midland really just add the account back? Thanks so much for any help or advice given!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland deleted!!

@ajs813 wrote:

I recieved this email today from a dispute I made 2 days ago. We have researched the credit account. Account # - * The results are:

This item has been deleted
from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Midland Credit MGMT Inc, 8875
Aero Dr Ste 200, San Diego CA 92123-2255 Phone: (800) 825-8131. It was reported back so quickly because I called equifax and demanded to know why the account was being reported at 120 days late and the last late payent status was shown as 2 years after the last activty date. My question is has then happened to anyone else and if so , did the negative account come back? If it was deleted because of inaccurate information, can midland really just add the account back? Thanks so much for any help or advice given!!!

They can add it back in if they report correct info, it was most likely deleted due to them no longer handling the collection, could have been recalled by the OC and sent to another CA or if they owned the debt they could have sold it to someone else. I would not worry about it until it comes back.. if it comes back..

Message 2 of 14
ajs813
Established Member

Thank you for the info!  I want to buy a house in the next 6 months, and something popping back up and causing my score to dive would be really bad. I don;t want to wait around to see if it will pop back up!

Message 3 of 14
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

I doubt it will pop back up.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If reinsertd, the CRA must notify you.  There's a few hoops involved to put it back on, it's not an easy thing to do.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 14
ajs813
Established Member

Thanks everyone, It was a battle to get it removed and I am still not 100 percent sure how it happened. I will keep my eye on my report, but from what I have read, it usually pops back up after awhile..Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sweet!! Congrats!

Message 7 of 14
ajs813
Established Member

Thanks, Now  I am wondering if the other credit agencies will report it deleted......

@baller4life wrote:

Sweet!! Congrats!

Message 8 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Did you only dispute with EQ or the other two as well? The only way it would be deleted from all 3 is if Midland initiated the request for deletion. If not, you will have to dispute it with EX and TU. They do not communicate with one another regarding deletions.

Message 9 of 14
ajs813
Established Member

As a follow up of this, all three credit reporting agencies have deleted the midland account. I am not sure why, but It said according to some new information provided. I believe they were reporting my account status wrong.. Great news though!!!Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.