Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland funding deleted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland funding deleted!

After some persistent negotiating and time, I was able to settle my $4100 debt at 60%. It wasn’t easy since my account manager magically went on Vacation/sick leave/ whatever. Every rep I spoke to said that only my account manager would be able to assist me with anything other than their standard offer, so I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was pretty stubborn also but I advised him to either take my money or he wouldn’t be getting anything at all. He eventually gave in and we settled at 60% of the TOTAL debt (I had previously given two payments and they were trying to get 60% of the remaining balance, which is more than I had). The formula I used was Total debt x 60% - previous payments=SETTLEMENT.... eventually it worked. I was then told that the trade line would be removed in 30-45 days.... at around 20 days I became frustrated and called. I remembered my account manager offered me a 24 hour removal if I settled in full when I first made contact. The representative told me that, in fact, since my account had a DOFD on >2 years, my account qualified for immediate deletion and it would take 3-7 business days. She also advised she would send me a letter and provided me with a confirmation number. 3 days later it was gone. I wrote this because I could never find concrete stories about midland deletions, so there ya go....
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Midland funding deleted!

Awesome. Diligence and persistence always win.

Good for you and congrats on getting it settled and removed.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the deletion.  I also had a deletion from Midland Funding on a old Cap One account.  They sent me a letter stating that while they investigated the dispute they would temporarily delete the record from all three credit bureaus.  That they did.  After 30-45 days I received another letter from midland funding saying that they could not verify the debt and that the account would not be reported to the credit bureaus.  I was excited.

Message 3 of 21
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 21
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Congratulations job well done
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Great job.

"The representative told me that, in fact, since my account had a DOFD on >2 years, my account qualified for immediate deletion and it would take 3-7 business days." - I was curious about this part though. I currently have a midland TL I'm trying to get rid of, it's already paid in full and they told me their policy is deletion only after DOFD is 7 years old, but they will stop reporting monthly after DOFD is 2 years old. I confirmed this policy on their website. My DOFD is over 2 years old, so do you think I could convince them to delete it like you did? Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would.... those were their exact words to me. It’s definitely worth a shot. I just bought a brand new $50k truck with a 4.99% interest rate so yeah. Work hard and never give up!
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if you account was near a pre legal part? I have been calling them speaking to many diff representatives and they won’t take my 1200 and then the final 1525 I told I got now since I got some loan money from family member. My original balance is 2500 but every representative won’t take my 1525 offer , which I don’t understand . I told them I don’t have any more money and told them I don’t understand why you can’t take 1525 but they rather take 0 lol. Should I be more blunt with them and tell them 1525 or nothing at all...like how you told them ? Seem like they rather send my account over to attorney for lawsuit judgement then take my 1525. Will asking to speak to supervisor help the, accepting my 1525 offer ? They told ,e I have til end of month to take the standard offer of 1950 or it goes to attorney but I told them I got no money left. 

Message 8 of 21
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@firemedic1990:

Way to go. Quick question. Did you wait for them to send you a letter confirming They would PFD before you paid them or did you go out on faith they would hold up the deal after you paid?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don’t negotiate PFD with midland. Their website expressly states it. You could always take a picture of the website. Sounds like a lot of people vouch for them following through.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.