Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Midland

I spoke with Ms. B at Midland this evening after numerous emails, letters and phone calls. I called the number and extension she emailed me and whalaaaaa she finally answered the phone! She knew exactly who I was and we skipped the usual CA formalities. She told me she heard that the internet was promoting PFD. I laughed...I said your company deletes for who they want to delete for.  Then silence...I asked her to forward my request to a supervisor.

Should I keep trying or pay the $151 and attempt a GW?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland

Are you having fun? I guess that's the priority?Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 56
jaf4776
Valued Member

Do you have an email for midland?  I have been fighting with them for months!  they don't respond to any of my letters and say they cannot speak to me via phone.  They say I sent a cease and desist (i did not!).. they told me they will not do a PFD.  I also told them they never responded within 30 days of my request of a validation letter.  She told me that they only had to do that if i responded within a certain time frame of their initial letter.  Anyone know the law here?  I am in Massachusetts.

Message 3 of 56
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Sure. I'll PM the info. Good Luck! I mailed out the $151 today and will GW them. Got nowhere...

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 4 of 56
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

I had a collection with them and i made a mistake of paying them in full without any kind of agreement.  I waited 3 months and filed three online disputes and in three months they were removed since the CA didn't respond.

Message 5 of 56
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I'm sure my plight with Midland will be just as annoying...but I plan to harass them relentlessly! You got the money now get lost and get off my report.

Message 6 of 56
alatrice
Established Member

Would someone please PM me contact info as well? Thanks!

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 56
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

PM sent. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 56
rockinn8
Contributor

Hi!  Could I please get that email address as well?  I am helping a family member dealing with Midland.  Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 56
lambrusco100

Hi there,

I'm about to deal with Midland too. Does anyone have a legit address for their collection agency? I heard the address they include on the credit report is for credit reporting matters only, not for collection activities. Since I'm going to DV them, I'd love it if someone could provide a confirmed address to send them a DV. The address on my CR is:

Midland Funding LLC

8875 Aero Dr. 200

San Diego, CA 92123     

Last thing - Is it a violation of the FCRA to report the same item twice on the CR? One item is reported by the OC as charged off, and a second separate trade item (for the same thing) appears under Midland.   

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.