Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini app spree 50/50 success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini app spree 50/50 success

Checked capital one pre approval and it brought up the quicksilver one card. Decided to pull the trigger on it and got instant approval for $2000. Really wanted to go for the venture instead, but wasn't feeling confident about that.

Went for the Kohls card and got instant approval for $300. Not bad, but it helps and we like to shop there.

Tried for the BJs comenity master card and got the 7-10 day message. We shop there quite a bit too and got a pre-approval at the store, but didn't act on it then. I guess I'll just wait for the letter since comenity doesn't recon.

Also tried for Target and got the 7-10 day message. Oh well.

It all started when I opened up a capital one platinum master card back in 10/2011. Credit steps program. Started at $300. Currently at $750. It's never been late. It could be higher, but I finally understand utilization and cut date and capital one definitely wants you to use their cards. This has been my only CC for the past 4 years.

Last week I PCd the platinum master card to Quicksilver with no AF. The CSR was adamant about telling me it was the quicksilver and not the quicksilver one. No CLI, but the rewards are nice. I actually checked for a CLI on this card after my app spree and it only bumped up to $850. My phone crashed so I didn't end up taking it. 

I'll just garden these couple cards for a while and try to build up my score.

I started at 540 all the way across about 1 month ago and now I'm just under 600 all the way across. Just pulled a fresh report today.

I definitely have some baddies I'm working on getting corrected. A BofA settled charge off from about 6 years ago with lots of 180 days listed. And a paid off GM financial loan I paid off in January with 120 days listed at the end of the loan. Those 2 tradelines are not reporting consistent across the bureaus. Also got both of my collections removed within the last 2 weeks.

Now I'm off to the garden to build up my score. I'm really considering going back and going for the venture, but considering my scores, I doubt it will happen. Just a waste of another triple pull. Also, i don't think i can have 3 capital one cards anyway. I feel really lucky with what I've got so far and I've got all of you to thank for it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini app spree 50/50 success

Well I just called the Target backdoor number. I was declined. The lady said it was due to things listed on my credit report. She didn't tell me what it was, but I'm sure it's because of the major derogatories listed.

Can't seem to get through to comenity about the BJs card.

Is there a backdoor number for Capital One? I'd like to recon the credit limit on both of my cards.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.