Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mission Lane No Annual Fee?

tag
southernblueeyes
Contributor

Mission Lane No Annual Fee?

I discharged BK7 7 months ago. Received pre-approval mailer for the Mission Lane no annual fee. Trying to decide if I should app for it and cancel Credit One before the annual fee kicks in. 

Current Cards

OpenSky Secured.  $1000.00

NFCU nRewards      $1500.00

Credit One.                $400.00

Use NFCU heavily and pay down to less than 9% before statement cuts. Use OpenSky for a small recurring charge and PIF before statement cuts. Very rarely use Credit One and pay off immediately. Was planning on applying for another NFCU card after 6-9 months of history with nRewards and canceling Credit One. But now I'm wondering if Mission Lane should be the one to replace Credit One since its pre-approved and no annual fee. 

Any thoughts or advice? 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,000
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $12,500
Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Capital One Savor $15,000
PenFed Pathfinder $10,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mission Lane No Annual Fee?

Just be careful with timing your payments to them before your statement date, they are slow to post. The app isn't the greatest either.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an invitation to apply and did some research here on the forum. I chose to shred the invite. Didn't like seeing that payments and available credit are slow to show or update. Plus at my next nfcu secured statement I'm going to apply for my second nfcu card so I'd rather save the hp for that. But I also read that it's a better rebuilding card than most that offers unsecured credit.

I have three secured cards right now, using NFCU and disco the most. If you can swing it maybe open a discover secured  with lowest minimum they ask for? No annual fee, offers cash back. I love it. 

Message 3 of 10
southernblueeyes
Contributor

Discover was IIB. Gonna be awhile before they let me back in. As soon as they do I'm definitely getting a secured Discover. The card I regret the most as they were very good to me. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an invitation to apply and did some research here on the forum. I chose to shred the invite. Didn't like seeing that payments and available credit are slow to show or update. Plus at my next nfcu secured statement I'm going to apply for my second nfcu card so I'd rather save the hp for that. But I also read that it's a better rebuilding card than most that offers unsecured credit.

I have three secured cards right now, using NFCU and disco the most. If you can swing it maybe open a discover secured  with lowest minimum they ask for? No annual fee, offers cash back. I love it. 

Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I've never had problems with them. Get a CLI every year like clockwork. I'll be closing mine though because I have an AF and kept forgetting to close it. This time I set reminder on my calendar.

Message 5 of 10
southernblueeyes
Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I've never had problems with them. Get a CLI every year like clockwork. I'll be closing mine though because I have an AF and kept forgetting to close it. This time I set reminder on my calendar.

Thank you! Looks like it will be much better than Credit One. 

Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in for Mission Lane.

Somehow I was offered a No Annual Fee Mission Lane with terrible Credit.  App'ed and was approved for a $750 CL.  (I have read a lot of posts floating around the internet of ppl being pre-approved and then denied, so that's out there)

Account is 1 year old this month (I use it and pay in full monthly, interest rates are ouch) and they have given me 2 CL increases.  CL is now $1,800.  My Capital One card wants me to beg for a $100 CL, Mission Lane just throws CL increases at you.

Could not be happier with this card.  Once I fix my credit and get better cards, I am keeping this open and sock drawer'ing it.  

HATED my Credit One cards, always felt like they were charging more in fees than what was agreed upon and had 2 separate instances of fraudulent charges that were a NIGHTMARE to get fixed.  

Message 7 of 10
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Somehow I was offered a No Annual Fee Mission Lane with terrible Credit.  App'ed and was approved for a $750 CL.  (I have read a lot of posts floating around the internet of ppl being pre-approved and then denied, so that's out there)

Account is 1 year old this month (I use it and pay in full monthly, interest rates are ouch) and they have given me 2 CL increases.  CL is now $1,800.  My Capital One card wants me to beg for a $100 CL, Mission Lane just throws CL increases at you.

Could not be happier with this card.  Once I fix my credit and get better cards, I am keeping this open and sock drawer'ing it.  

HATED my Credit One cards, always felt like they were charging more in fees than what was agreed upon and had 2 separate instances of fraudulent charges that were a NIGHTMARE to get fixed.  

This is good to know. Mission Lane was the first card that let me in post BK7. I'm coming up on the 1-year mark soon and was wondering if they consistently give CLI, or if they promise one after 6 months of good behavior and then forget about you like Cap One does. Do you charge a lot on it or just like a regular bill here and there to keep it active?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monthly gym membership of $26 goes on there and paid off every month. 

Once they upped my CL after 6 months I rented a cabin for a weekend, maybe $700 charged then paid in full. 

Other than that I don't really use it for gas or grocery since there are no rewards.  

Never requested a CLI, they were just given to me so hopefully it's the same for everyone!

Message 9 of 10
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish I could say the same.  I've had this card over 2 years, initially when it was LendUp then it switched over to Mission Lane.  Started with $500 and got an increase in April 2019 of $200.  I've been at $700 ever since.   I just got hit for the AF last month.   I'm giving them until next year and if nothing moves I'm gone.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.