Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mission Lane Visa for Rebuilding

tag
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mission Lane Visa for Rebuilding

@Nikki66972 wrote:

I just paid a cap 1 collection from 2 years ago.  What is their forgiveness tolerance?

I had two charge-offs with Cap One.   Over $4,000 owed total.  The small charged-off CC had just gone to collections, I believe.  It's hard to remember if it was before of after.    On a whim, I checked the prequal.  They approved me for an unsecured Platinum.   It was $300 SL, with a credit steps CLI of $200 after five months.  After that, I paid the small CC debt off.  The collection was eventually deleted by Portfolio.  I came to an agreement with Cap One to pay the $3,977 CC debt at $200 a month. Sometimes I paid more.   Six or seven months after I got the Platinum, I checked the prequal, and they showed the QuicksilverOne.   (I was still paying on the charged-off QuicksilverOne).   I applied and was approved.  It had a SL of $1,000, with a credit steps CLI of $500 after five months.

That's how forgiving they are.  A month later they approved me for a car loan.   

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 11 of 53
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I beleive you need to get an invitation to apply for this card. I did not find any place to apply for this card with out the invitation.

Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jannelo wrote:

@Nikki66972 wrote:

I just paid a cap 1 collection from 2 years ago.  What is their forgiveness tolerance?

I had two charge-offs with Cap One.   Over $4,000 owed total.  The small charged-off CC had just gone to collections, I believe.  It's hard to remember if it was before of after.    On a whim, I checked the prequal.  They approved me for an unsecured Platinum.   It was $300 SL, with a credit steps CLI of $200 after five months.  After that, I paid the small CC debt off.  The collection was eventually deleted by Portfolio.  I came to an agreement with Cap One to pay the $3,977 CC debt at $200 a month. Sometimes I paid more.   Six or seven months after I got the Platinum, I checked the prequal, and they showed the QuicksilverOne.   (I was still paying on the charged-off QuicksilverOne).   I applied and was approved.  It had a SL of $1,000, with a credit steps CLI of $500 after five months.

That's how forgiving they are.  A month later they approved me for a car loan.   

Cap1's best point is that they are very forgiving. IMHO their worst point is that when they bucket you, you will never get out of that bucket. You may graduate from a secured card to an unsecured card, but CLI's will be few, far between and small - sometimes to the point where the card they approve you for is essentially useless. My history with Cap1 is a classic example of this. I started with a Secured Card with a $500 CL and poor credit (all 3 inthe 500's). The baddies eventually fell off and Cap1 eventually graduated me to an Unsecured Card with the same $500 CL. After a year with the undecured card I asked for a CLI. I got a CLI - a whopping $29!!!  By that time I had also gotten an Amex and after the 300% CLI it was at $12,000. My scores at that time were all in the 700's. Nope, Cap1 would not budge and neither would I, so I closed the card. I owed them nothing. A year or so later and all my scores are now in the 800's and I figure I might want Cap1's Travel card. I apped, I got - with a whopping $1,000 CL. That was 6 months ago. I still have not actually gotten the card, so it has never been activated or used, and frankly I don't care. A travel card with a $1000 line is pretty much useless. It will get me from Tucson to Phoenix, but only if I drive slow and conserve gas. It will get me from NYC to Philadelphia, but not back because of the Eastbound tolls over the Hudson River. As a travel card it is useless, and since my CL at Amex is now in the high $20,000's I frankly don't need Cap1. Once you are in a bucket there, you are in that bucket for life.

Message 13 of 53
donwhall70

Curious.. I recently received this card and can't seem to find the info anywhere. Do you, or anybody else, know how many payments can be made per month on this card? I plan on using everyday and paying balance weekly.

Thanks!!

Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

As many as u want, I make multiple payments.during the month 

Message 15 of 53
donwhall70

@Anonymous wrote:

As many as u want, I make multiple payments.during the month 

Excellent.. Thank You!

Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem🤙🏽

Message 17 of 53
Nikki66972
New Contributor

@donwhall70 Yes, you can make multiple payments. Your first few payments may take two weeks to post. I don't know why. After that, the payments should post within 48 hours. 

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

March 2020
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@donwhall70 wrote:

Curious.. I recently received this card and can't seem to find the info anywhere. Do you, or anybody else, know how many payments can be made per month on this card? I plan on using everyday and paying balance weekly.

Thanks!!

That's what I do with my Delta Amex - I channel all spening through it and pay it off every weekend. With bonuses I have accumulated 250,000 miles in 3 years. Next year the Mrs and I will be taking a free vacation in Morocco. I get nothing for using my CU Debit card, so it is safely ensconced in the sock drawer.

Message 19 of 53
kflo01
Contributor

I have Mission Lane. Just paid my 7th statement so I should be reviewed now for  CLI. My starting limit was 500.00.

So far so good with them. Clean web site interface. Easy to read good customer service. Not points or rewards or anything like that but I knew that coming in.

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.