cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mmmm....AU question.... Please advise! ( for me as an AU)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mmmm....AU question.... Please advise! ( for me as an AU)

Ok... So here's the scoop. I'm 3 months post BK7, (see siggy). Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, so besides the usual "rebuilding" and cleaning up reports, and letting time do its thing with gardening....I've been looking into being an AU for a bit.

It would be on my grandmothers Discover card, opened in 1985, high CL in between 15-20k, perfect record on the acct and Uti on the acct is monthly between 1-3%, and pif.

Wondering if I would see a score jump across the board?? Sometimes during rebuilding, you gotta do what you gotta do! LolSmiley Happy

Will the acct report all the history (1985... Etc...) can anyone help me out with the questions? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Mmmm....AU question.... Please advise! ( for me as an AU)

You should get the cards instant history, meaning dating back to 1985.  However, it seems to me I have seen some posts where CCC aren't giving that history and it would report as a new TL.  Not sure if it is just certain cards or not. 

Either way you would benefit from it.

Message 2 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You should see some type of bump. It will not show history going back to 1985. I believe 84 months is the max the CRA's go back. Let me verify.

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is 84 months for payment history yes but the date opened may not be 1985 is what I was talking about.  It could show as a new CC.

Message 4 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

It is 84 months for payment history yes but the date opened may not be 1985 is what I was talking about.  It could show as a new CC.

yea, that could happen. 

Message 5 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you Debeers and Guineses!! If it reports as a new trade line, do I really want that? I have 3 new trade lines already. My secured commerce bank Visa opened in August, and both my NFCU and cap1 opened beginning of October... All this year.

The 85 payment history thing would be good. To be real here.... What benefit would it be to me, given my current situation and see siggy, to do this?? Thanks again for your efforts and responses! Much appreciated in helping me make the right decisionSmiley Happy I ultimately want my own Discover card, and Italy a goal card of mine to have. My scores need to be way higher though. It probably won't help me in that aspect will it??? Maybe on a recon if I feet denied in a few years?? Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh my word.... So sorry for all the typos!!! Lol!! Darn iPhone! Hope you could read between the linesSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Say it isn't back dated to 1985.  You would gain the CL which could help you maintain a lower utilization. 

I would say that the majority of the time the TL would be backdated.  Have her contact them and ask.

Message 8 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks so much Guiness!! My overall uti it between 1-2 % now without it, so I'm trying really hard at this rebuilding thing! I use all 3 cards during the month, make several payments throughout the month, and pay 2 cards to $0 bal, with one card reporting for a total of 1-2%. Smiley Happy

These forums have been a god send!! Thank you for your expertiseSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.