cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators: PLEASE HELP (duplicate reporting)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moderators: PLEASE HELP (duplicate reporting)

Hi All,

Which is best in this situation?  I have duplicate accounts  from 11/06 red flagged as 30 day late, however one account is (should be closed) as it was sold by another. (Belk bought Parisians) and it is listed as open. Should I dispute or close the Belk account(opened in '06) as they both have a 0 balance.   

Thanks !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moderators: PLEASE HELP (duplicate reporting)

What exactly is duplicated???...and OC and CA can report at the same time...if the account was SOLD to the CA...it MUST show a $0 balance...2 CAs cannot report at the same time...duplications of a TL...is usually the fault of the CRA...
Message 2 of 5
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I have 3 CA accounts on my EX report that now shows up as 6. I disputed and it came back and verified and said it will remain on my report. When you look at them the account number, OC, amount and dates are all the same but EX refuses to delete them. Smiley Mad

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-03-2008 10:32 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have 1 OC and 1 CA report the same debt at the same time!!

If the OC assigned it ti a CA  the OC will show a Bal....If Bal $0  means that it was sold.  The OC will not delete after they sell it.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-03-2008 11:10 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to go through the same trouble with EX...for almost 5 months...on a duplicate account...what you have to do is...treat them like 2 years olds...get the pages of your reports...with the duplicates...highlight the duplicate...with the same account number...and such...and write on their...how it is a duplicate...and it needs to be removed...that's what I had to do...and it was deleted...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.