Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mom adding me as AU on 2 cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mom adding me as AU on 2 cards

Will my score be effected in a positive way to have these two cards added on to my CR with me being an AU?

76 Gas card $0 bal and been open with no baddies attached to it for 36 years.

Macys AMEX card $0 bal and been open for a decade or so. Also no baddies attached to it.

Meanwhile me having a BK7 discharged in June of 2016.
90 late from First Progress that i thought was removed but wasnt. Working on that currently.
And a 30 late from BMW financial November 2017
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Mom adding me as AU on 2 cards

As far as AAoA and AoOA it'll definitely help in that regard unless you already have cards that even approach that kind of age. With regard to UTL assuming that's an issue for you depends on your own utilization and the size of the limits on the two AU cards.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization is as follows:

Capital One QS1 unsecured 1000 limit/ 950 current balance (will be paid off next month).
Capital One Platinum unsecured 300 limit/0 balance.
Fingerhut advantage 200 limit/0 balance.
And my 29,xxx loan on the BMW.

As far as her cards that i will be AU on

76 gas card is 2500 limit/0 balance
Macys 3000 limit/0 balance

I dont know where it says my utilization on the myFICO app.
Message 3 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My utilization is as follows:

Capital One QS1 unsecured 1000 limit/ 950 current balance (will be paid off next month).
Capital One Platinum unsecured 300 limit/0 balance.
Fingerhut advantage 200 limit/0 balance.
And my 29,xxx loan on the BMW.

As far as her cards that i will be AU on

76 gas card is 2500 limit/0 balance
Macys 3000 limit/0 balance

I dont know where it says my utilization on the myFICO app.

If you're paying the near maxed QS1 next month then you don't have any UTL concerns. You should be fine and expect to see a score jump though hard to say how much of one with those two negatives reporting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt have any luck with getting those off myself, so i signed up for lexington law to help me out.

Im trying to apply the AZEO method. I will pay it down to 8.9% balance. Hopefully when those other baddies (including the BK7) are removed, my scores will skyrocket.

I've already had success with them removing my BK7 off of my Equifax. That was about a year ago and it hasnt showed up again. Thankfully.
Message 5 of 8
rbentley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will my score be effected in a positive way to have these two cards added on to my CR with me being an AU?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You may want to check and see if the 76 Gas card is reported to the CRA's.  I got addeded as an AU to a Sinclair gas card but then found out that they expect the entire amount to be PIF in each month and only report delinquent history.  Becoming an AU on that account did nothing for my AAoA or FICO scores, since it doe3sn.t show up at all.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely check into that. Thank you.

Also, how long would it be before Macys AMEX and 76 would give me a chance for both of those cards on my own, being an authorized user.

Thanks so much!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, how long does that take to show up on my CRs? When they added me, they did not take my SSN. Only name and current address.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.