cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Momentum and a few questions...

tag
visualmayhem

Momentum and a few questions...

Hello, I am new to the forum and myfico as well. The myriad of information here has been amazing helpful. Thank you all. There there truly is accountability in numbers as well as seeing other people—normal like me—begin the process of turning the tide. The success stories are great, inspiring.

My utterly deplorable Fico score was all I needed to get my things in accord. Medical Bills and crappy accountability are what got me into the lowest numbers I've ever seen. How ridiculous.

Here's what I have done in the last 30 days:

1) Paid all debt/charge offs and some current 2009-2012. I assume it will take a few months to have the populate my score. I have clean balance sheet. $7k later. And about 3 months of OCD book keeping. It never reall ends...

2) Since I had a moral thing with disputes—only b/c I am the only person to blame—I decided not to ask for RFPs on the 6 cases with the CA, put have sent GW letters to the CA and CRAs. I am hopeful with persistence and discilpline that will pay off. Fingers crossed the late pays and baddies are sorted soon. Some are about to drop off. if there is ay advice on this, I am all ears.

3) I have paid my CapOne (2K CL) down to 9% and I will do so—with autopay—never to be late again. My Wells Fargo CC as well.

4) I have/had a tax lien from 2005 (satisfied in 2006) that will be removed, thanks Dept. of Revenue. Again, patience.

5) I am lucky to already be a home owner, however, the kids and my wife and I are looking to get somethig bigger in the next 12-18 months. My wife, as most of them do, has near-perfect credit. She's carried me long enough.

6) I was recently approved for a $1,500 installment loan at First Citizens Bank, so that will establish my recent, in good standing trade lines. I am lucky to have a good friend in the Banking industry dodge some bullets for me. I am thankful for that.

7) I have awesome 3 kids and been married for 10 awesome years and I am blessed to have a strong income. Myfico would say otherwise Smiley Wink

My action plan is:

1) Stay current, no more late pays, 9% on all my Wells Fargo and CapOne revolving CC.

2) Establish perfect TLs. The installment loan and

3) Secure a few new DS cards (ie: WalMart, Target, BestBuy) etc.

4) I closed my Citi ($16k limit) paid off, as well as 3 others, 2 years ago. Boy, was that stupid.

5) New mortgage in 2014. Keep my wife's "security gland" happy-happy.

Sorry for the long post, but I am getting so much from so many of your posts and I wanted to contribute.

Thanks.

Starting Score: 536Current Score: 552Goal Score: 720
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Momentum and a few questions...

Welcome to the forums.

It looks like you did very well in reading and applying that information.

Keep up with your plan and you will be fine.

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Looking good!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
koky
Frequent Contributor

Good Job...
Message 4 of 9
visualmayhem

thank you, stoked to moving forward.

Message 5 of 9
visualmayhem

just signed and rec'd installment loan, with First Citizens. I have also noticed a lot of alerts from updates in regard to paid off collections. I do not expect a point hike from it, but there is comfort knowing they are settled. I will stalk the CAs and the creditors with GW letters. $6 per cert. mail stings, but from I've read it the caveat is consistency time and patience.

Message 6 of 9
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

there is no need to send GW's certified. I would advise against that.  

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Message 7 of 9
visualmayhem

noted, thanks.

Message 8 of 9
anniev2

Good luck with your journey! You seem to be on a good path based on what I've learned as well. Cheers!
"FAKO" TU 638 (3/27/13)
FICO EQ 624 (3/19/13)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.