Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moneylion False Delinquency

tag
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Moneylion False Delinquency

Good morning!

I have been working hard on my credit with all of your fantastic advise. I was well on my way to acheiving it all with my raise in income. This morning I wake up to a 30 point drop in my credit score!

Moneylion DQ for $171. I used them for one small, $500 personal loan paid it off completely and closed the account. I have 0 idea what this is about. I even closed my Moneylion membershio when I realized their membership costs. 

I don't even know how to start disputing this is. Unlike all my other derogs in the past this one is false. I had 0 derogs on my file before this. Please advise, this is quite disheartening.

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Re: Moneylion False Delinquency

Update : After reviewing the negative mark I have come figured out it was my payoff of my last loan with them. I found the payment on my bank statements. After speaking to chat support on Moneylion he said to send the statement along with a support ticket. So here goes. I feel disgusted that this happened to me. Up from 560 to 630 to fall back 30 points for something I didn't even do. I paid a loan off early and here I am getting hit. -_-

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had this issue with them, they had me on auto payments. I paid them off in January, I was sent a letter for collections in February. I called and they refused to take payment over phone as they locked me out of my account. It took until March 25th to get a response from a supervisor, even then they wouldn't respond after giving 13 pages of documentation.

I consulted with my Amazon MetLife lawyers and they suggested to send all that documentation to the credit agencies. I sent it all April 1. April 8 they updated and closed. Now I'm working on them to remove the lates. Just keep pestering them to get stuff removed.

MoneyLion lost their BBB accreditation due to fraudulent activity back in 2017-2018 so use that to your advantage.

good luck.

651BE0DD-D67D-4077-90A1-8212840A3974.jpeg

Message 3 of 9
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Doc, with me I did pay everything off. They said they didn't get the payment I suppose but I have a bank statement showing the balance being paid. This company is terrible! 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely in messages to them show them proof with bank statement. Then request a supervisor take over your account and rectify. 

Message 5 of 9
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Hey Doc, how do I ask for a supervisor. In the chat or should I call? Thank you so much.

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely in messages to them show them proof with bank statement. Then request a supervisor take over your account and rectify. 

Message 6 of 9
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Update: I provided my bank statements from that day. They are reviewing now and hopefully, it will bring my credit back up. I discussed the issue with them in chat and posted a negative review on Trustpilot. They responded right away. 

Message 7 of 9
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Don't forget to dispute the incorrect information with each credit bureau. With sufficient supporting documentation, you can have the derogatory information removed from your credit reports.

Message 8 of 9
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

I'm working directly with MoneyLion to have them remove it. If not will report with all 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.