Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

tag
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

The Applied Bank came off my Equifax too!Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 8.18.16 AM.png

MykdX8B

Message 31 of 63
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Your thread gives me hope. 

You are gonna have to update your 2019 goal...its only February. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

Congrats!!! Your thread gives me hope. 

You are gonna have to update your 2019 goal...its only February. 

Thank you! It's so exciting to see my hard work pay off! Smiley Happy

And you're right, I will have to adjust my 2019 goal lol. I'm thinking of bumping it to 750...

Message 33 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Big news today! I was approved for an American Express Blue Cash Everyday card with a $10,000 limit! Smiley Very Happy

I wrote about it here

Message 34 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Applied for a CLI with Discover on March 5, 2019. Declined. They said they will send me a letter explaining why.

The very next day, March 6, 2019, I get an email that I have been given an automatic CLI of $600, raising my total available from $2000 to $2600.

So weird...

Message 35 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

I got an email with a preapproval for a Cash Back Mastercard from SunTrust (my mortgage company) yesterday. This is not the first one I've gotten but this time I decided to go for it. I was going to wait a long while before going for a new card since I just got my AmEx in February, but oh well.

They gave me $5500 limit, so I'm happy. I just hope the HP to EQ doesn't hurt my chances of the 2xCLI on AmEx that I'm going for after April 17th (I know you can go for 3x but my inital CL was $10,000 and I heard if you try for anything over $25k you'll have to do an income verification, which seems like a pain, so I'm only gonna go for $20k or maybe $25k).

AmEx still hasn't reported to the agencies. I made the mistake of paying my Discover down to -0- last month before the Amex repored and my scores took a bit of a nosedive, so I'm leaving $100 to report on the Discover until I know for sure AmEx is reporting). $600 out of $18,800 is 4% UTI which is a good area to be in, I think.

Regarding my over-all credit repair journey, everything seems to be on the up-and-up. I don't really make monthly posts anymore because I'm doing a lot less cleaning up and more steady building now, so there's not a lot of exciting things to report on a regular basis.

I'm currently attempting (for the nth time) to get the one last old collection off my report from The Bureaus, this time with a PFD. I'm having a heck of a time finding anyone to deal with, though. I just sent off an email this morning on that one, so wish me luck there.

Overall, my current stats as of April 3, 2019 are:

EQ: 717 - 3HP

TU: 698 - 1HP

EX: 677 - 2HP

Negative accounts:

• The Bureaus collection $590 - reporting to all 3
  • Paid in full collection - reporting to TU & EX only - ages off 09/2019
  • Late mortgage payments - reporting to all 3 - last of them will age off 01/2024

Positive accounts (closed):

• Student Loan - paid in full 01/2010 w/ no lates - should remain on report until 01/2020 - reporting to TU & EQ
  • Store Credit Card - closed 02/2011 w/ no lates - should remain on report until 02/2021 - reporting to EX only
  • Store Credit Card - closed 05/2011 w/ no lates - should remain on report until 05/2021 - reporting to all 3
  • Auto Loan - paid in full 08/2012 w/ 1 late that aged off - should remain on report until 08/2022 - reporting to all 3

Positive accounts (open):

• Mortgage - current UTI 77.02% - no late payments since 12/2016 - reporting to all 3
  • Discover CC - opened 01/2018 - Total CL $2,600 - most recent reported balance $0 (will be $100 any day now) - reporting to all 3
  • Ulta Store Card - opened 05/2018 - Total CL $300 - most recent reported balance $0 - reporting to all 3
  • Old Navy Store Card - opened 08/2018 - Total CL $400 - most recent reported balance $0 - reporting to all 3
  • American Express Blue Cash Everyday CC - opened 02/2019 - Total CL $10,000 - has not reported yet
  • SunTrust Cash Rewards Mastercard - opened 04/2019 - Total CL $5,500 - has not reported yet
Message 36 of 63
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your progress. FYI, Amex will pull EX for the CLI, not EQ. It can some times take a while( a month or two) before Amex will see updated information as they have some internal app that does not update as quickly. Might want to wait a month or so after the score updates under your Amex account.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 37 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Congrats on your progress. FYI, Amex will pull EX for the CLI, not EQ. It can some times take a while( a month or two) before Amex will see updated information as they have some internal app that does not update as quickly. Might want to wait a month or so after the score updates under your Amex account.

Thanks for the tip! Heart

Message 38 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your rebuild!

Message 39 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

I have finally been able to track down how to get the last unpaid collection off my report. It's being reported by The Bureaus, Inc, but was being serviced by a different company. A friendly face here on the forums helped me with the contact info for the Bureaus, and they gave me instructions on how to get the item removed.

• First I had to contact the company servicing the debt and make payment arrangements. 
  • I did that today, and paid the balance in full ($590.31). In ten days after payment clears they will send me a confirmation of payment.
  • Once I get that I will forward it to The Bureaus, Inc.
  • 30-45 days after payment clears, The Bureaus will request the item to be deleted from my report.
  • So I'm looking at approximately somewhere between May 19th and June 3rd, The Bureaus should be off my report.

That means the only derog left is a paid collection with ERC that ages off in September of this year (which I will attempt EE), and some late payments to my mortgage company that I just have to deal with.

After that, it's all just maintenance!!! 

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.