Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

tag
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

The Bureaus has been deleted from my EX as of yesterday according to Credit Karma (not TU though), but MyFico has not updated yet. My CK score went up 34 points from that but since that's not my actual score I'm not celebrating anything yet, aside from the fact that The Bureaus seems to be honoring the terms of the PFD.

Once I get my updated FICO scores frmo MF I will update. I'm pretty darn excited to see what kind of increase I am going to get!

Once it's gone I will try for my CLI with AmEx (I hit 61 days on 04/17/19 but I've been holding off until this collection is gone).

Message 41 of 63
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I'd wait at least a month on the Amex after its reporting properly. theyve been known to use a stale report for determining a CLI.....just IMHO though...

Message 42 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

I'd wait at least a month on the Amex after its reporting properly. theyve been known to use a stale report for determining a CLI.....just IMHO though...

Interesting! So after THe Bureaus is gone and my scores increase, I should wait another AmEx reporting cycle before attempting the CLI?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 63
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Amex has been known to use stale reports for CLI... To try to avoid it.. the idea of waiting a month is really to make sure Amex has refreshed the report or its expired.. basically if it were me.. id be trying to wait for any activity that would cause them to pull a report ... if you have the ability to see your soft pull dates you can use that ...  This is one time you want them to SP you (after the correction/deletion)...  To make it simpler thats why i suggested waiting until they reported.. or a month, Not sure if im making sense.. Basically you want them to have activity requiring them to hit your report.. (an SP)

-J

Message 44 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

The Bureaus is showing up as coming off on MyFICO now, but I am not getting the big jump I expected. Maybe it's because I still have one paid-off collection from September 2012 showing, or maybe it was due to the age of the PFD collection, or maybe I'm in the threshold between "buckets."

In any case, it came off TU yesterday and I gained 8 points on TU bringing me to 712. It came off my EX this morning and I gained 6 points bringing me to 700. It's still on EQ as of this morning (EQ does not show my -0- balnace collection so once this one is gone frmo there that will show zero collection accounts, so I am interested to see the change to that one).

This increase, even though it's pretty minor, has bumped me to 700 across the board, meaning I've hit my 2019 year end goal. On April 30th! 

Message 45 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

A few mini updates.

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

The Bureaus is gone from all three agenies now. I checked CK on a whim this morning and my last remaining collection (Enhanced Recovery) that is set to age off in September this year seems to have fallen off my TU early. It was never reported to EQ, and CK does not give EX detail, so I don't have any more information than that.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

MyFICO still shows ERC reporting but they are a bit slow to update...

Once ERC is confirmed to be off my report, I will have no derogatories other than some late mortgage payments from 2016. 

I still have not gone for my AmEx CLI because I really want to make sure my report is as clean as possible before trying. I'm weirdly nervous about being denied the CLI - moreso than I was about the initial application.

Message 46 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@moosemoney wrote:

FullSizeRender.jpeg

MyFICO still shows ERC reporting but they are a bit slow to update...

Spoke too soon. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I'm assuming the ten point jump is from ERC coming off (and not the mortgage balance decrease, because I'm not at any thresholds at this time)... Now I just gotta wait for it to come off my EX...

Message 47 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Went for my AmEx CLI today (my account is 124 days old). I was originally given $10k with my inital application, so I only went for $20k instead of 3x - I think that is more than generous.

Instantly approved!!!

My scores when I opened my AmEx:

• EQ 728
  • EX 699
  • TU 710

My scores today:

• EQ 721
  • EX 718
  • TU 728

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf8095c2f49426e552e5358&rid=giphy

Message 48 of 63
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats, you have made some great progress this year on all fronts.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 49 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Congrats, you have made some great progress this year on all fronts.

Thank you! Heart

Message 50 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.