Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

tag
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Quick update. No big changes except I got suckered into geting a Macy's card when I was there last time (20% off then an additional 25% - I'm a fool lol). I was approved for the Macy's AmEx with a $6000 limit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know if I can I do the 3xCLI on this AmEx in 91 days? I already have an AmEx BCE that was opened in February this year....

Message 51 of 63
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@moosemoney wrote:

Quick update. No big changes except I got suckered into geting a Macy's card when I was there last time (20% off then an additional 25% - I'm a fool lol). I was approved for the Macy's AmEx with a $6000 limit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know if I can I do the 3xCLI on this AmEx in 91 days? I already have an AmEx BCE that was opened in February this year....

You should be able to as long as you haven't gotten a CLE on the BCE.  If you have, you'll more than likely have to wait 180 days from that point. 

Message 52 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@LakeLife wrote:

@moosemoney wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should be able to as long as you haven't gotten a CLE on the BCE.  If you have, you'll more than likely have to wait 180 days from that point. 

I did. I opened the BCE in February with a starting limit of $10,000. In June I went for my CLI (waited longer than the 90 days because I wanted to make sure my ducks were in a row first) and only requested $20,000 total instead of the 3x and it was approved.

Do you mean I should wait 180 days (for a CLI on the Macy's AmEx) from my June CLI on the BCE, or 180 days from the opening of the Macy's AmEx? 

Message 53 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read thru this entire thread and all I can say is excellent work Moose!! Gives me inspiration on my rebuild, keep it up.

Message 54 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just read thru this entire thread and all I can say is excellent work Moose!! Gives me inspiration on my rebuild, keep it up.

Thank you!!! It was overwhelming at first but I just tackled one or two things at a time and it became much more manageable! HeartHeartHeart

Message 55 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Went ahead and got the Apple credit card. Was only approved for $6500, which a year ago would thrill the pants off of me, but nowadays it's pretty standard. I've become jaded lol

Data points:

Date: 08/22/19

Limit: $6,500

APR: 17.99%

Previous available credit: $36,300

Current overall UTI: 10.5%

Current FICO8 scores: EQ-719 EX-725 TU-722

Inquiries prev 24 months: EQ-3 EX-3 TU-1

Inquiries prev 12 months: EQ-0 EX-2 TU-0

Annual income: $56,000

Message 56 of 63
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats but i wouldnt look at $6500 as onlySmiley Wink. To each their own i guessSmiley Wink
Message 57 of 63
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Uhm @moosemoney  6500$ for Apple Card is nothing to sneeze at... 

Least from my current experience.....

(see my signature)... 

When you said "standard" what you really meant is.. it was in line/status quo with your other limits..  Proportedly you can try for an increase in 6months =)

-J

Message 58 of 63
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

It's been a long time since my last check-in. I've been slowly climbing the FICO ladder and increasing my credit available. My scores have been pretty stagnant as of late due to inquiries, but I've gotten to the point where I am going to tend to my "garden," (minus any SP CLIs).

I got a handful of new cards while Christmas shopping for the benefits; cards I normally wouldn' t care all that much about, but saving over 20% on a purchase and getting move overall available credit was too good to pass up. I tend to try and go for a CLI every 6 months on each card. Here's what's happened since my last post where I opened my Apple Card with "only" a $6500 starting limit Smiley Wink

November 2019: Best Buy Citi Card, CL $1000 

November 2019: Ulta Credit Card, Requested CLI from $800 to $1300

Decembver 2019: Victoria Secret Card, CL $1000

January 2020: American Express Blue Cash Everyday, Auto CLI - from $20,000 to $23,000

January 2020: Kohl's Card, CL $1000

February 2020: Apple Card, Requested CLI - from $6500 to $8000

February 2020: Old Navy Credit Card, Requested CLI - frmo $1400 to $2400 (only asked to go up to $2000)

I need to update my signature lol

My Currest Cards/Limits are as follows:

American Express BCE $23,000

Apple Card / Goldman Sachs Mastercard $8000

Macy's American Express $6000

SunTrust Cash Rewards Mastercard $5500

Discover IT $3100

Old Navy Store Card $2400

Ulta Store Card $1300

Best Buy Citi Visa $1000

Victoria Secret Store Card $1000

Kohl's Store Card $1000

Total: $52,300

Message 59 of 63
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.