cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Quick update. No big changes except I got suckered into geting a Macy's card when I was there last time (20% off then an additional 25% - I'm a fool lol). I was approved for the Macy's AmEx with a $6000 limit.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Does anyone know if I can I do the 3xCLI on this AmEx in 91 days? I already have an AmEx BCE that was opened in February this year....




Starting FICO 8 Scores [01/01/17]

Current FICO 8 Scores [03/04/20]


My Progress Thread
Message 51 of 63
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!


@moosemoney wrote:

Quick update. No big changes except I got suckered into geting a Macy's card when I was there last time (20% off then an additional 25% - I'm a fool lol). I was approved for the Macy's AmEx with a $6000 limit.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Does anyone know if I can I do the 3xCLI on this AmEx in 91 days? I already have an AmEx BCE that was opened in February this year....


You should be able to as long as you haven't gotten a CLE on the BCE.  If you have, you'll more than likely have to wait 180 days from that point. 




Message 52 of 63
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!


@RobertJ wrote:

@moosemoney wrote:

Quick update. No big changes except I got suckered into geting a Macy's card when I was there last time (20% off then an additional 25% - I'm a fool lol). I was approved for the Macy's AmEx with a $6000 limit.

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

 

Does anyone know if I can I do the 3xCLI on this AmEx in 91 days? I already have an AmEx BCE that was opened in February this year....


You should be able to as long as you haven't gotten a CLE on the BCE.  If you have, you'll more than likely have to wait 180 days from that point. 


I did. I opened the BCE in February with a starting limit of $10,000. In June I went for my CLI (waited longer than the 90 days because I wanted to make sure my ducks were in a row first) and only requested $20,000 total instead of the 3x and it was approved.

 

Do you mean I should wait 180 days (for a CLI on the Macy's AmEx) from my June CLI on the BCE, or 180 days from the opening of the Macy's AmEx? 




Starting FICO 8 Scores [01/01/17]

Current FICO 8 Scores [03/04/20]


My Progress Thread
Message 53 of 63
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Just read thru this entire thread and all I can say is excellent work Moose!! Gives me inspiration on my rebuild, keep it up.


Starting Score: 07/03/2019

Current Score (Fico 8): 04/03/2020

Goal: 07/04/20
Message 54 of 63
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!


@fluxxer69 wrote:

Just read thru this entire thread and all I can say is excellent work Moose!! Gives me inspiration on my rebuild, keep it up.


Thank you!!! It was overwhelming at first but I just tackled one or two things at a time and it became much more manageable! HeartHeartHeart

 




Starting FICO 8 Scores [01/01/17]

Current FICO 8 Scores [03/04/20]


My Progress Thread
Message 55 of 63
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Went ahead and got the Apple credit card. Was only approved for $6500, which a year ago would thrill the pants off of me, but nowadays it's pretty standard. I've become jaded lol

 

Data points:

Date: 08/22/19

Limit: $6,500

APR: 17.99%

Previous available credit: $36,300

Current overall UTI: 10.5%

Current FICO8 scores: EQ-719 EX-725 TU-722

Inquiries prev 24 months: EQ-3 EX-3 TU-1

Inquiries prev 12 months: EQ-0 EX-2 TU-0

Annual income: $56,000

 




Starting FICO 8 Scores [01/01/17]

Current FICO 8 Scores [03/04/20]


My Progress Thread
Message 56 of 63
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Grats but i wouldnt look at $6500 as onlySmiley Wink. To each their own i guessSmiley Wink
Message 57 of 63
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Uhm @moosemoney  6500$ for Apple Card is nothing to sneeze at... 

Least from my current experience.....

(see my signature)... 

 

When you said "standard" what you really meant is.. it was in line/status quo with your other limits..  Proportedly you can try for an increase in 6months =)

 

-J

Message 58 of 63
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

It's been a long time since my last check-in. I've been slowly climbing the FICO ladder and increasing my credit available. My scores have been pretty stagnant as of late due to inquiries, but I've gotten to the point where I am going to tend to my "garden," (minus any SP CLIs).

 

I got a handful of new cards while Christmas shopping for the benefits; cards I normally wouldn' t care all that much about, but saving over 20% on a purchase and getting move overall available credit was too good to pass up. I tend to try and go for a CLI every 6 months on each card. Here's what's happened since my last post where I opened my Apple Card with "only" a $6500 starting limit Smiley Wink

 

November 2019: Best Buy Citi Card, CL $1000 

November 2019: Ulta Credit Card, Requested CLI from $800 to $1300

Decembver 2019: Victoria Secret Card, CL $1000

January 2020: American Express Blue Cash Everyday, Auto CLI - from $20,000 to $23,000

January 2020: Kohl's Card, CL $1000

February 2020: Apple Card, Requested CLI - from $6500 to $8000

February 2020: Old Navy Credit Card, Requested CLI - frmo $1400 to $2400 (only asked to go up to $2000)

 

I need to update my signature lol

 

 

My Currest Cards/Limits are as follows:

American Express BCE $23,000

Apple Card / Goldman Sachs Mastercard $8000

Macy's American Express $6000

SunTrust Cash Rewards Mastercard $5500

Discover IT $3100

Old Navy Store Card $2400

Ulta Store Card $1300

Best Buy Citi Visa $1000

Victoria Secret Store Card $1000

Kohl's Store Card $1000

Total: $52,300




Starting FICO 8 Scores [01/01/17]

Current FICO 8 Scores [03/04/20]


My Progress Thread
Message 59 of 63
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: MooseMoney's Progress Thread!

Congratulations on your success!

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.