Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More money more problems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More money more problems

So, Friday I called the State of MD/CCU because they were reported on my CR and I wanted to know why if they were paid in full. The rep tells me that they would be on there for the next 7 years...really? So, I guess I want to know can I fight that and if so how do I go about that? If it was deleted will I know the difference in my score? Second issue I have, I have 18 inquries on my report and the oldest comes off in 3 months and the rest will be in 2016, can I take those off early because there hard inquries not soft and it really looks bad, what should I do? I need help! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: More money more problems

What is the account with MD/CCU for and when was the DOFD?

The only way to dispute inquiries is if they weren't authorized or fraud. Accurate inquiries remain for 2 years.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssondubs wrote:
What is the account with MD/CCU for and when was the DOFD?

The only way to dispute inquiries is if they weren't authorized or fraud. Accurate inquiries remain for 2 years.

Rep says insurance laps and tickets. I'm not sure when was the DOFD, I want to say 2012-13, not sure. It went into collections and he tells me they stay on for 7 years

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a question, when going through a auto loan and they see what bank approves you, I'm getting hit like 5 times and I'm only dealing with one dealership, can I fight that?

Message 4 of 9
kittywitty
Contributor

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kittywitty wrote:

they should only count as one. they will all show but they will only count as one within a couple weeks time span as far as your score is concerned.

Can I dispute them to be removed?

Message 6 of 9
empiror22
Regular Contributor

short answer is no.  you maybe able to ask the lenders to take them off.  but i would not count on it working.

Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kittywitty wrote:

No, you provided authorization when you applied for credit at the dealer.   Anyway they'll be scored as a single inquiry by FICO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kittywitty wrote:

No, you provided authorization when you applied for credit at the dealer.   Anyway they'll be scored as a single inquiry by FICO.

They'll be scored as one PROVIDED they're all properly coded as auto loan inquiries. You probably can't dispute them successfully, but you should check to see that they're all properly coded and ask them to be re-coded if they're not.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.