Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Company merged???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Company merged???

My mortgage company has merged.  The name of the company will change.  This week on my credit report they reported that my account is closed which caused me to have a significant drop in my score.  So my question is once they add it back to my credit report should I see a score jump or another decrease?  Anyone have this happen before?  We were looking to go purchase a new car this weekend.  That is now on hold.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage Company merged???

@Anonymous wrote:

My mortgage company has merged.  The name of the company will change.  This week on my credit report they reported that my account is closed which caused me to have a significant drop in my score.  So my question is once they add it back to my credit report should I see a score jump or another decrease?  Anyone have this happen before?  We were looking to go purchase a new car this weekend.  That is now on hold.  

When its under the new name, it should show all your history and bring your score back up. Just make sure to continue making payment on your mortage. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.