Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Repayment Plan reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Repayment Plan reporting

curious about others who have gone through this?  Almost two years ago, I missed a mortgage payment.  Of course, I was told I could do a repayment plan after 30 days late. So my payment was spread out over 6 months.  I was told my credit report would show repayment plan until I got fully caught up....so afterwards, my report showed the original late, but not the ones in plus a late from when closing got postponed.  I good willed and was told to dispute through CB.  Now it shows lates from when I was in the repayment plan!  Sure screwed me!  Hoping I can find some better info out there showing that we shouldn't be reported as late when we make signed arrangements and follow through?  Curious also what others have experienced? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Mortgage Repayment Plan reporting

Technically, your account remained delinquent until completion of the repayment of the amount of the delinquet debt.

Most creditors will not continue to report monthly delinquencies provided payments are made as agreed, but are not prohibited from doing so unless the repayment agreement included specific terms that htey would not continue to report delinqeuncies unless the agreement was defauted.

I presume your repayment agreement did not include any such terms?

If not, then you could oppose as a poor business practice, but not as a dispute under the FCRA of accuracy of the reporting.

You may wish to file a BBB complaint as a poor business practice.......

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Repayment Plan reporting

Thank you.  I am assuming most do not report it once payment plans have been agreed on.  

Side question...I found where I filed my dispute (for the month I was thinking they were going to remove also) with Equifax.  I don't know if I can't access the info on my iPad and would be able to find it on a desktop.  I am hoping somehow I can get into the dispute from April this year and see how it WAS reporting prior to that?  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.