Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage TL GW after closed?

tag
GA8080
Contributor

Mortgage TL GW after closed?

I purchased a home and mortgage in 2009. My loan servicer, PHH mortgage, sold the mortgage to Nationstar in Jan 2015. The original TL for PHH has 13 30 day lates and 1 60. After it was purchased by Nationstar, I have paid perfectly with no lates. I have tried to GW PHH to remove the lates with no success.

I recently noticed that although the account is closed and paid showing zero balance as of Jan 2015, PHH is reporting the status as 30 days late. I was thinking I may have more success if I tell them that it's incorrect and ask them to delete the entire trade line rather than the lates. Any thoughts on this? The new servicer reports an opened date of 2009 but only shows the history since they purchased it in 2015. Does this mean it will not affect my AAoA if I get the original line deleted? Would there be any reason deleting that trade line would hurt my mortgage scores rather than help? I'm super motivated to buy a new home this year and I think these lates are killing my mortgage score. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage TL GW after closed?

Any OC account reporting is calculated into your AAoA for Fico.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.