Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage advice

Hi

I'm trying to get approved for a mortgage.  I need another positive trade line.  If the someone adds me as an authorized user on their credit card, will that be listed as a new account on my report. I know new accounts will lower your credit score.  If someone has a cc in Good standing for 10 years will my report reflect that too as if I've had it for 10 years? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage advice

No, it will not count as a new account; you will get the 10 year history, but it may or may not be factored into your score.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage advice

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to get approved for a mortgage.  I need another positive trade line.  If the someone adds me as an authorized user on their credit card, will that be listed as a new account on my report. I know new accounts will lower your credit score.  If someone has a cc in Good standing for 10 years will my report reflect that too as if I've had it for 10 years? 

problem is, often times a mortgage UW will ask you to remove yourself from AU accounts to see your real scores or calculate your scores themselves and dicard the AU account. Sometimes the anti-abuse algorithm will discard the AU account at the bureau level and not he factored into your scores at all, this is when personal info doesnt align. My SO of 20 years with same address and even me being listed under "co-applicant/spouse" on his CRs has discarded the AU account we added him on (not for scoring really, anyway, just for use) has been discarded in some scores.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.