Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving on up!

When I was first establishing credit 10 years ago, I was VERY irresponsible.

4 years ago, My credit score was 337!

Judgments, charge-offs, late payments, collections, you name it, it was in my file. I basically ran away from my debts and tried to pretend they weren't there.

I started getting serious about 3 years ago. I started being proactive about student loan repayment/deferment options. I got two secured cards (USAA and Capital 1), paid on time for 2 years, and was then approved for two unsecured cards (Capital 1 Platinum and Spark).

6 months ago was approved for a Merrick Bank and a Quicksilver.

As of yesterday, all 3 scores are right around 600. 

With all balances at $0, I did an AOR and went from about $3k available credit to a little under $10k

I'll deal with the short term hit from the inquiries, but I feel like a year from now I'll be at about 700 all around. 

On my way to 800!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving on up!

Congrats on your progress!!!!

Message 2 of 6
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

This is an encouraging post especially for those who are just starting their credit repair journey. Patience and persistence is key. It may be painful in the beginning but the pure pleasure of financial freedom is priceless.

*yes I realize all the p words* ;-)

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your progress  Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

One thing you dont want all your revolving accounts reporting 0 its a fico score drop, you want to let 1 card report a small balance each month of no more than 9% of its individual CL.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.

I use all my cards regularly, and pay the balances in full each month.

I wasn't clear in my OP- my balances were all zero when I did the AOR.

Message 5 of 6
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Great job !!! keep it up!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.