Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mrs. BPO

tag
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Mrs. BPO

Hello board-

This company requested a credit history but I don't rememeber authorzing. Should I report it? It is schedule to end Jul 2012

Thanks!

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Mrs. BPO

@Yoli14 wrote:

Hello board-

This company requested a credit history but I don't rememeber authorzing. Should I report it? It is schedule to end Jul 2012

Thanks!

If someone hit you with an unauthorized hard inquiry, and you did not apply for credit with them you can dispute it.  However, it doesn't affect your score after a year, so it's not that big of a deal.

But Google says MRS BPO is a collection agency.  Do you have a collection account for MRS on your report?

Message 2 of 4
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Yoli14 wrote:

Hello board-

Thanks!

If someone hit you with an unauthorized hard inquiry, and you did not apply for credit with them you can dispute it.  However, it doesn't affect your score after a year, so it's not that big of a deal.

But Google says MRS BPO is a collection agency.  Do you have a collection account for MRS on your report?

I don't

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There's debate here, but the FCRA allows for CAs to pull your report. If it's over a year old, as mentioned, then there's no FICO impact and I don't think lenders would care, in general. I personally would be concerned if the CA still owned it. If disputed, the CA would know.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.