Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple bad derogs vs just 30s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple bad derogs vs just 30s

I have a possibly interesting data point and a question. All 3 of my reports are littered with derogs but 2 of my reports have really bad ones while the third report "only" has 30s. The age of the derogs in both cases ranges from 5 years to 2 years old. On the report with only 30s I'm able to score in the 720s but the others seem to have a titanium ceiling around 670. The CO is 4 years old and my second worst derog is a 90 from 2 years ago (next worst after that is a couple 60s from 2 and 5 years ago).

For the sake of completeness: util is 2%, AoOA 12 years, AAoA 6 years. Derogs (accounts labeled A-D) are:

A - 30 (5/14)

A - 60 (6/14) - not on "clean" report

B - 30 (6/14)

B - 30 (8/14)

B - 30 (9/14)

B - 30 (10/14)

C - CO (DOFD 10/14) - not on "clean" report

B - 30 (5/15)

A - 30 (9/15)

A - 30 (11/15)

D - 30 (1/16)

D - 30 (6/17)

D - 60 (7/17) - not on "clean" report

D - 90 (8/17) - not on "clean" report

My question is, is it the CO or the 90 that's having the biggest impact? When the CO drops should I expect to see the 670s start rising or am I stuck with them for another 5 years until the 90 is gone too?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multiple bad derogs vs just 30s

Their is no difference for the  Fico score impact between C/O or 90 days late they are both considered a serious derogatory.As long as they are present on  your cr a serious derogatory will continue to hold down your credit score as you can see.Your credit score will rise the most when your cr is derogatory free.GOOD LUCK...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple bad derogs vs just 30s

Then the next question becomes, I've seen people on here talking about COs and/or 90s limiting their scores to the 700s, not the 600s. Is that attainable with this profile or 670 really the ceiling until it's all gone? The fact that even the report with only 30s seems capped well below even the dirty scorecard ceiling seems like a bad sign.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.