Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple same OC's?!

tag
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Multiple same OC's?!

Hello all!

My first post so I just wanted to introduce myself and greet you fine bunch of people!!

Ok on to the nitty gritty.

I'm on the path of repairing my credit and I'm serioiusly trying to tackle my collections/charge offs. Interestingly enough, my fako reports show more collections and such then my Fico score. Should I be concerned for what ISN'T showing on the Fico but what is showing on the Fako reports?

Also in my credit report from Fico I have two OC's that are the same company!! Its a gas company that I didn't realize reported to the bureau so I paid when I can. Well years later I got my budget in order and I started to pay on time all the time and noticed it there!

Is this normal?

Furthermore, I still have the account open now but they seem to stop reporting in 2010. Why is that you think?

My inital thought was because of some error I saw on my bill my last name was mispelled and maybe thats why it wasn't reported. If that's true, I'd like to see my payment history before I push for them to report the history.. should help but never know.

What can I do about this situation?

I'm a credit recovering newbie, but I've read quite a bit on here so just bare with me please! Thanks guys for any help!!

Starting Score: EQ FICO - 518 TU FICO - 534 EX - ???
Current Score: EQ FICO - 605 TU FICO - 584 EX - ???
Goal Score: 720 Across the board!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple same OC's?!

@pimpedoutgeese wrote:

Hello all!

My first post so I just wanted to introduce myself and greet you fine bunch of people!!

Ok on to the nitty gritty.

I'm on the path of repairing my credit and I'm serioiusly trying to tackle my collections/charge offs. Interestingly enough, my fako reports show more collections and such then my Fico score. Should I be concerned for what ISN'T showing on the Fico but what is showing on the Fako reports?

Also in my credit report from Fico I have two OC's that are the same company!! Its a gas company that I didn't realize reported to the bureau so I paid when I can. Well years later I got my budget in order and I started to pay on time all the time and noticed it there!

Is this normal?

Furthermore, I still have the account open now but they seem to stop reporting in 2010. Why is that you think?

My inital thought was because of some error I saw on my bill my last name was mispelled and maybe thats why it wasn't reported. If that's true, I'd like to see my payment history before I push for them to report the history.. should help but never know.

What can I do about this situation?

I'm a credit recovering newbie, but I've read quite a bit on here so just bare with me please! Thanks guys for any help!!

The term "FAKO" only applies to credit scores when they are not FICO scores.  The term does not apply to credit reports.  Your credit reports are, for the most part, constructed, supplied and maintained by three bureaus:  Equifax, Experian and Transunion.  You most likely are reviewing your EQ or TU report here, while you are reviewing one of the others elsewhere.  Where exactly are you getting the reports from?  To get the most accurate picture, you should pull all three of your reports from annualcreditreport.com.

Also, the same account can be reported multiple times as it is passed to or between CA's.

Most utilities don't report to the CRA's.  If you got behind on payments and the account was sent to collections, that is most likely what is reporting.  We'll need more information to be sure.

P.S. - Welcome!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

First off thank you for a quick response! Wow!!

FAKO is for score not reports though... got you!

I pulled from AnnualCreditReport.com and MyFico.com

Which information do you need I'd love to have my questions answered. Or do I need to contact the utility company and perhaps inquire with them?

If I may also ask a second question as well... I live in PA, but I used to live in CA. Now I have a collection on my account that is from CA and the SOL for CA is 4 years. Now the PA SOL is 6 years. According to reports from annualcreditreport.com DoFD is 7/2006. isn't the SOL up for both states? If so what is the process to remove this from the report?

Again, forgive my newbieness... Thank you guys!

Message 3 of 43
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@pimpedoutgeese wrote:

First off thank you for a quick response! Wow!!

FAKO is for score not reports though... got you!

I pulled from AnnualCreditReport.com and MyFico.com

Which information do you need I'd love to have my questions answered. Or do I need to contact the utility company and perhaps inquire with them?

Can you just copy and paste the accounts that are reporting from the utility company?  Feel free to exempt any sensitive information that might be showing.

The website you got the reports from is unimportant; they are like middle-men.  What is important is which bureau each report came from, and which accounts are being reported with which bureau.  You should have three reports from annualcreditreport, one from each bureau.  You will most likely have one from myFICO, either EQ or TU.  You need to figure out which bureau you're looking at on myFICO and compare it with the same bureau's report from annualcreditreport.  They should be essentially the same.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 4 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

photo fico.png

I hope this will suffice, I'm not sure how to add pics into the post quite yet

Message 5 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Utility companies do not report to the CRAs unless you are late.  From what you posted you opened service with them in 2006 and again in 2008. 

Since they are paid you can send a GW to the OC and ask for them to delete the TLs.

Message 6 of 43
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@pimpedoutgeese wrote:

photo fico.png

I hope this will suffice, I'm not sure how to add pics into the post quite yet

You have two accounts reporting because one of them is closed.  Look at the status on the second one.  It's still reporting because there is late payment information associated with it.  Each late payment will fall off your credit report around 7.5 years from the date it happened.  After all the lates fall off, being that there's no other payment information associated with the account, I'm not sure if it would report as current or if it would fall off completely.  Someone else will have to chime in on that one.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 43
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Utility companies do not report to the CRAs unless you are late.  From what you posted you opened service with them in 2006 and again in 2008. 

Since they are paid you can send a GW to the OC and ask for them to delete the TLs.

+1

FICO Scores 800+
Message 8 of 43
Kixforpa
Contributor

I also live now in PA! I am originally from Miami, Florida. Same thing SOL is 5 FL and PA 6. I was told to go by where your loan originated. Is this correct?

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 9 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.