Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple same OC's?!

tag
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Re: Multiple same OC's?!

Yes I was talking about contact CA. I'm glad you said that because I would feel uncomfortable calling them. Never know they might try to say I'm acknowledging something that I'm not.

I was about to send this email to the Director of Billing & Collections of Duvera... could you guys and gals look over it... just to kind of put me in the right direction?

3/7/2013

[INSERT YOUR NAME]

[INSERT YOUR ADDRESS]

[INSERT YOUR CITY, STATE, AND ZIP CODE]

Director of Billing & Collections

DUVERA BILLING SERVICES

2701 Loker Ave W Ste 280
Dba Duvera Collections
Carlsbad, CA 92008

Regarding Acct# number: [INSERT YOUR CREDIT REPORT FILE NUMBER]

Dear Sir:

I am writing to request that you provide verification that the collections account, number [INSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER] shown in my Equifax credit report belongs to me.

Sincerely,

[INSERT YOUR NAME]

[INSERT YOUR PHONE NUMBER]

Enclosures:     Experian credit report

Short sweet and to the point. Any ideas to make it better? Opinions? Optimism? Pesstimism...  (That a word?)

Starting Score: EQ FICO - 518 TU FICO - 534 EX - ???
Current Score: EQ FICO - 605 TU FICO - 584 EX - ???
Goal Score: 720 Across the board!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you are asking for debt validation it probably should be written, sent CMRRR.

I found this debt you say I owe on my CR, account #______.  Please validate per FDCPA 809.

Message 32 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Ok I'm definitely mailing it off... printing it now and getting it out. Thanks again!!!

Should PFD be mailed or is it ok for email? Wait, I can probably just fax an agreement over the phone if we can reach one with PFD. They sign, fax back, then I pay. Well ANYWAYS when I get to that I defintely will ask for help!

Message 33 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, PFDs can be done email or snail mail. Some have even asked over the phone and the CA held up to their end of the agreement.  Some have not.

Message 34 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Well I did it...! I got the letters printed out and ready to send. First thing tomorrow morning!

I also emailed a PFD tonight to First Premier... here is how it looked: (Props to Tuscani)

First Premier Bank
3820 N Louise Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57107

Regarding account numbers:#----------------;  #---------------

Amounts: $464 in reference to #--------------- and$518 in reference to  #---------------

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am not sure of the account numbers, as I have never heard from you regarding these accounts. The account numbers I have are the one's listed on my Experian credit report which omits the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay $140 in reference to account #--------------- and $156 in reference to #--------------- if you agree to immediate deletion of these accounts,#--------------- and #---------------, from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of two hundred ninety-six dollars ($296.00) will be sent to First Premier Bank at the address above in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

First Premier Bank agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, First Premier will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of First Premier Bank. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding these accounts to:

Address

I tried to make it clear that there are two accounts and wanted them both removed. Heck to be honest I'd be happy just to get a response lol keeping fingers crossed hope they say sure... theres accounts are about 4 years old so... better something then nothing Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Don't like that letter at all.  You are asking for a favor and that letter appears you are forcing them.  PFDs are like GW letters, asking for a favor.

No time limits whatsoever.

Leave off the part about the dispute since that could come back and bite you in the hind end.

Just be nice, and to the point.

I do not acknowledge these debts but in the spirit of compromise I will pay them for a deletion from my CR.  Add account numbers etc.

Message 36 of 43
pimpedoutgeese
Established Member

Ack.. I should have thought of that with the pretense of GW... well... maybe after they reply or not reply ill try again in a week with another PFD in GW tone. I should have posted before sending. I'm learning Smiley Happy Thank you guiness56

Message 37 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For future reference lol. 

You should see the very first DV letter I sent.  It asked for everything under the sun!

Message 38 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've been seriously thinking of going in there and deleting those PFDs.  I'll put a thread on it to the other mods and see what they think.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 39 of 43
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I've been seriously thinking of going in there and deleting those PFDs.  I'll put a thread on it to the other mods and see what they think.

please do lol

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.