cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1st GW Rejection

tag

My 1st GW Rejection

Rejections always hurts...

She kindly informed me that the report info was correct, and therefore they can't make any changes.

What do you guys think of my email?

Thanks

Bobby

----------------------------------------------

Dear So and So

I’d like to ask for your help with restoring my credit.  I’m hoping to improve it enough so that the next time I apply for a loan (hopefully for my 1st home), I can walk in to the lender’s office with my head up.  Perhaps you can help?

I have 2 credit cards with Capital One.  In Dec’ 2009, I made a decision to not make a payment to those accounts.  I was really hurting financially at the time, and decided that it was more important to have a few dollars in my pocket, rather than pay my bills that month.  My credit reports reflect that rash decision by showing several missed bill payments for that month.  In addition, I apparently missed a payment on one card in May 2008.  I don’t know why that happened.  I can only say that those were some trying times.  I know there should be no excuses for any of this.

If you are able and willing, I’m asking you to review my accounts and consider removing my 3 late payments:

Acct1: Dec’ 2009

Acct2: Dec’ 2009

Acct2: May 2008

I know you’re under no obligation to grant this request.  I know that this is my fault and my responsibility to live with the consequences.  I’ve learned an important lesson from this.

I’m really hoping you can help me.

Sincerely

Me

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 1st GW Rejection

That email is terrible.

It was more important to have a few dollars in your pocket than pay your bills? What does that even mean?

On another occasion, you don't know why you didn't pay your bills? 

You sound pretty irresponsible all around, so it's not surprising you were rejected.

Read a few successful goodwill emails to get a better understanding of what creditors are responsive towards and try again.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've searched for goodwill letter in this forum, and there are some really great examples. Keep trying, and good luck!
Message 3 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That email is terrible.

It was more important to have a few dollars in your pocket than pay your bills? What does that even mean?

On another occasion, you don't know why you didn't pay your bills? 

You sound pretty irresponsible all around, so it's not surprising you were rejected.

Read a few successful goodwill emails to get a better understanding of what creditors are responsive towards and try again.

I'd have to agree.

OP needs to improve on this.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 6

Geez, apparently that was a truly awful GW. Thanks torchd, for helping me see the light Smiley Happy

Bobby
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Torchd03, why so you have to be so negative? How about offering some positive criticism instead of saying that was "terrible". Come on now, were all grown ups here. Do not try to judge someone you don't know at all, especially over the internet.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.