Did you mean: 

My Alliant/NFCU Strategy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Alliant/NFCU Strategy

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not applied for anything yet. I have deposited with Alliant and will do so with NFCU Monday. Will set up the SSL's Tuesday and Wed and wait for the score boost to Follow ( I hope). I considered applying for the unsecured plan in my original plan, but decided to be conservative. You guys have given me the optimism to go for the unsecured. I haven't studied their card offerings, which would you recommend I try for??

I'll let you know how things are progressing.

I'm not familiar with Alliant at all, so I can't speak about them. But I did join Navy Fed a couple of months ago. My scores (620's-630's), and presumably income (base on your available cash to deposit), are lower than yours. They approved me for their GoRewards Visa with a starting limit of $3700. Not an earth shattering SL, but at the time it was my highest (I've since been approved through PenFed for a $5000 SL card). And it hasn't been three months yet with Navy, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get a decent boost next month.

would recommend going to the "Understanding FICO scoring board and search "Share Secure" .ff you don't have an active installment loan read the thread. It seems long and complicated, but the first thre posts will explain everything.        Most people are adding approx. 30 puts to their score in a short period of time The easiest way to accomplish this is through Alliant. I just filed mine yesterday.

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.