cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Rebuilding Journey

tag
Jane_Eyre
Established Member

Re: My credit rebuilding journey- Please help!

Hey tdfinley, thanks for your help.   My oldest accounts are my negative student loans.  The oldest is from 2004, so at least they are helping in some fashion.  Both of my secured cards report as unsecured to all three bureaus also.  As for the authorized user account, I just talked to my fiancee about adding me, it sounds like that could help me a lot!  It would help my average age of  accounts and increase my credit quite a bit and then it would show as I had three cards I gather?

Jane

Message 11 of 15
tlfinley
Established Member

Re: My Credit Rebuilding Journey

Correct Jane! I'm curious to know just how many points your score will increase to. That along can change your scores literally over night tremendously! Debt to ratio is so important as well, please keep your balances low. I wish you would have established opening up secured cards that doesn't show as secured. But that's ok your on time payments will help. If you are renting, rentreporters.com could report your on time rent payments for like 10 bucks a month. They really did help me. Btw, I do not represent that company in any way. You are so close to a good credit life!!! Good luck again!
Message 12 of 15
Jane_Eyre
Established Member

Hi tifinley, the cards that I opened report as regular unsecured credit cards, I researched here first before opening so I knew what to look for.  This forum has already helped so much!  I will continue updating my journey and report what types of bumps that I see in the future.  Thanks for the tips Smiley Happy

Jane

Message 13 of 15
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Jane,

I'm curious.... How has Sky Blue been working out for you? I know everything they do, I could do for myself, but I'm just not in a position to do all of that right now. I have about 5 CO and 2 Midland accounts on my CRs that I want to try to get cleared up. I'm also going through a SS with a house I moved out of 3 years ago, so those are indicating lates. I'm hoping Wells Fargo will clear those off once the SS is complete.

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 14 of 15
Jane_Eyre
Established Member

Hey guys, 

So it's been a year since I posted here and I've accomplished a lot credit wise! I ended up paying off every single outstanding debt that I had including my judgement.  SB ended up getting every single baddie taken off my report and I had quite a few.  I used them for maybe 6 months and then cancelled and have to say I was very pleased with their service.  I also had my fiance add me as an authorized user to his Capital One credit card with a limit of $5000.  I used my two tiny secured cards each month for a year and made sure to pay them off in full or with a very small balance each month.  All the FAKO sites were showing my scores increase into the low to mid 600's, so I decided to take the plunge and called Capital One a few days ago and applied to their unsecured platinum card and was instantly approved with a credit limit of $3000.  I'm feeling really great about how much improvement I was able to make from one year of work!

I'm waiting for my new cap1 credit card in the mail and for it to report to my credit report to see if I get another bump.  I just learned about the Navy Federal Credit Union and opened up a membership, but I don't know if I should go ahead and apply to one of their credit cards now or if I should wait a bit? I was thinking of trying for one with them and if approved, I would close both of my secured cards.  Any advice?

This process really works guys, just keep at it!!

Cat Embarassed

Jane

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.