Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Score is 566. I don't know how to fix it...please help. :(

tag
Helen12

My Credit Score is 566. I don't know how to fix it...please help. :(

Hi,

My husband passed away recently so I want to sell my house and just rent an apartment for my kids and I. I just don't want to own anymore, I truly want freedom from home owning. My mortgage was never paid late and I also have other accounts that were always paid on time. Now my husband is the one who handled the bills...and I see now after getting my credit reports that he paid some of my accounts late. This was all from 2009 but it is still showing in the negative column even though the last several years there was not a late payment.

I had a lot of medical care last year. My husband had thrown away my medical bills figuring the insurance covered enough! Smiley Surprised:: Well there were 4 medical bills in collections on my reports. I paid one off and I am about to pay the other one off. I just saw the other two on a new report I got today. I signed up for myfico.com's Score Watch and these other two were on the credit report from that but it is not showing me who these bills are from so I could pay them. How do I find this info out? What else can Score Watch help me do so I can repair my credit? Should I add on another service so I can actually have names and number and call these places?

I am sure there are other medical bills out there for me that will probably be collections on my credit soon. I don't have any of my mail as my husband handled everything and he would toss medical bills. Smiley Sad What do I do? I don't remember who I owed what to as there were so many lab bills and various companies did billing.

What kind of score would I need to rent an apartment? I will have the monthly income but my score is just 566. I want to move before I list my house if I can. I can manage the bills here and the bills at my apartment for a few months until my house sells but with a 566 credit score I am worried I won't get an apartment.

Thank you so much. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Credit Score is 566. I don't know how to fix it...please help. :(

Sorry to hear of your loss, for the medical collections use the HIPPA process to deal with them. For the prior lates start writing GW letters to the creditors.

Message 2 of 3
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: My Credit Score is 566. I don't know how to fix it...please help. :(

go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull your FREE yrly credit report from all 3 Credit Bureaus so you have a full and clear picture of what is owed, to who,, how much and their contact info.

Do you have any credit cards in your name?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.