Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover Card graduated!!!!!!

tag
LB216
Established Member

Re: My Discover Card graduated!!!!!!

Thank you! I’m going to put that in my calendar. Hopefully within 60 days I’ll have all my negative accounts resolved.
Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 581
Goal Score: 675

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
LB216
Established Member

I did get the cash back match card. I basically used the card for everything and paid the balance bi weekly and at the end of the cycle, I would be below 10% utilization on most occasions. But very high usage on my end.
Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 581
Goal Score: 675

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7  @FireMedic1 

Thank you both, as i thought that was common knowledge, so i made a post for it. 

Hope it helps more as that is a great thing if the Chrome benefits don't really fit your needs. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome news!!! And congrats!!! 

(I'm inspired!!!)

Quick question:

I have just started rebuilding myself and would like to know if you have(had) the secured Discover IT card that graduated?

I just applied for mine today and I'm waiting to recieve it.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.   Graduation feeling really goes a long way with motivation to keep going.   It's a long road, but worth it. 

@Anonymous 

I converted my secured card to an IT (still secured) after the first month and got 5% with CB match.   Others have done the same thing.  Are they not doing that anymore?   I can't imagine they would stop doing that... just have to call and ask for it. 

Oh cool. First I've heard about that @Anonymous . Let us know OP!

I didnt know you can do that. Thanks for that update!

Message 15 of 19
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I think you can switch any Discover card type to any other Discover card type, as far as cash back, miles, card design, etc just by asking. It's all the same to them. Of course, a secured card will still be secured if you do this. Unsecuring is a separate process and is unrelated to card version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Aaaaand ... I think my Discover just unsecured today. The reason I think so is because when I log on to make a payment, I see a CL of $1,500 now (was $1,000). I had not requested a CLI on my secured card, so the only reason I can see that it would go up is if the card unsecured. My 7th statement just closed last Thursday. I haven't gotten any other notification that it unsecured. I'm a little disappointed it would only go to $1,500 when I have three $5,000 cards and FICO scores in the 700s, but still a positive step. That was my last secured card.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 16 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @KJinNC ! Nice holiday present. Enjoy your diploma and throw your cap way up! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Aaaaand ... I think my Discover just unsecured today. The reason I think so is because when I log on to make a payment, I see a CL of $1,500 now (was $1,000).

Congrats.

Message 18 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduating!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.