Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Discover did NOT graduate at 7th Statement :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover did NOT graduate at 7th Statement :(

My 7th satement cut 5/10 and it didn't happen for me. I have a $500 CL, pay in full a couple of times a month, never had a late or maxed it out. 

I called today to ask about the process and the CSR said that it looks like I'm doing everything right and perhaps next month.... I'll update then. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Discover did NOT graduate at 7th Statement :(

updated scores in signature

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully next month. 🤷🏽‍♀️👍
Message 3 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Took 21 months for me. Stopped using it for the last 2 and paid it to 0 and they graduated me.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the credit fairy will leave a present for me when I'm sleeping one night. I saw another post that took 4 days, but I'm almost at 5. 

Message 5 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It becomes official when the new statement generates. You can try requesting a limit increase. If you get the number to call in, it didn't graduate. If you get the limit increase form, they still haven't caught up yet.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me 11 statements, exactly 1 year.

Hang in there

Message 7 of 14
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

It took me 10 months. I used mine very heavily. I think my score went up in the last couple months after something got deleted from TU, so that may have played a role. Just be patient. Almost everyone in the Discover graduation thread has got a CLI to $2,000 upon graduation, and you will get the cash back match at the end of one year as well. I got mine in April and it wss a $250 cash back match. I still haven't paid Discoiver even a dime since i opened my card in 03/2018 and I have made over $500 total in cash back. You can also request that they switch you the the 5% cash back program, which will not affect your graduation or cash back match. 

Message 8 of 14
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Mine happened about a week after my statement posted.

What are your FICO8 scores? I noticed you have FICO9 in your signature.

Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a Discover card for 8 years.  It has the same $1000 limit it started with.  Until the past couple months, it was always near the max, but I don't think I have ever missed a payment on this card.  I requested an increase since I understand having higher limits will increase my score (my other two cards only have $300 and $400 limits).  It was rejected.  Is it because of my usual high usage or because of my low credit score (that I am now working to improve)?  In either case, I am always paying off now, and my score has improved some.  Should I expect to be approved for an increase soon?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.