Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experian EE for BK7 Experience

tag
LP007
Frequent Contributor

My Experian EE for BK7 Experience

So I revved my engines for an EE tasking for my Experian BK7. I called in and 'Mike' answered the call. I told him I had a BK7 looking to fall off 11/22/21 and asked if he could tell me about EE. He said the Dispute Dept has to handle the call. 'Ronald' from Disputes picked up and I told him the same thing. He checked my report and told me, 'Good news, your report doesn't show any public records.'

I said, 'Well thanks for the info.' He asked if I wanted to get a report to show that the BK was gone. I said, 'naw, I trust you.' I didn't think to ask him, 'Well, when did this happen?'

Anyway, I checked my free Exp account, and BOOYAH! Maybe Exp saw my TU EE and didn't want to be a bully with Eq anymore. Beats me.

Exp no PR Screenshot 2021-08-25 16.32.32.png

8 REPLIES 8
ItsCASHual
Regular Contributor

Re: My Experian EE for BK7 Experience

Congrats on the early exclusions and clean records! Must be an amazing feeling....

FICO 8

Message 2 of 9
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@ItsCASHual wrote:

Congrats on the early exclusions and clean records! Must be an amazing feeling....

Now let's see if I can get this newly accumulated debt down by Nov to go on a funding spree with biz & personal credit. People have been owing me money for 18 mos.

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Main question. How many points did you recover?

Message 4 of 9
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Main question. How many points did you recover?

At 53% debt, Ex looking at me like, 'Child, please.' Nothing to see here just yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

Message 5 of 9
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@LP007 

Good morning!

I might humbly suggest the following:

1.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free Credit Report from each of the CRAs (Credit Reporting Agencies, aka, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) and look at each.  It will show you EVERYTHING that is publicly available at that specific point in time.

2.  Check each for "Adverse Accounts".

***Transunion makes this easy as they start off listing all of the accounts in your name that are "derrogatory" in the very beginning (called 'Accounts with adverse Information').

***Equifax has two specific sections down at the very bottom of the Credit Report called "Public Records" and "Collections".  Should you have anything, they would be listed in the appropriate section.

***Experian "highlights" any negative accounts with bright red "Potentially Negative" 

This would be more for peace of mind and for "knowing".

I have said this for years, but it is truly amazing what one finds when one actually looks! :-)   My former colleagues used to get so mad at me when I used to say that (basically, because they would never actually look.....they did not subscribe to the 'trust, but verify' mindset).

And, how nice is it to have that bad boy off of your Credit Reports.

And, if you do not mind the question, how much did your FICO scores go up - per Credit Reporting Agengy - when this fell off?  I would be interested - as I am sure that many others are - those data points.

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@LP007 

Ha! Ha!  I like that.

53% Utilization?  Yikes!  But sounds like you know what to do!  LOL

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@LP007 

Good morning!

1.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free Credit Report from each of the CRAs (Credit Reporting Agencies, aka, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) and look at each.  It will show you EVERYTHING that is publicly available at that specific point in time.

***Transunion makes this easy as they start off listing all of the accounts in your name that are "derrogatory" in the very beginning (called 'Accounts with adverse Information').

***Equifax has two specific sections down at the very bottom of the Credit Report called "Public Records" and "Collections".  Should you have anything, they would be listed in the appropriate section.

***Experian "highlights" any negative accounts with bright red "Potentially Negative" 

I have said this for years, but it is truly amazing what one finds when one actually looks! :-)   My former colleagues used to get so mad at me when I used to say that (basically, because they would never actually look.....they did not subscribe to the 'trust, but verify' mindset).

And, if you do not mind the question, how much did your FICO scores go up - per Credit Reporting Agengy - when this fell off?  I would be interested - as I am sure that many others are - those data points.

Thanks! Well, my TU EE caused a jump of 39 points, but that was when my spending was registering below 27%. I'm at 53% now and I haven't seen anything move on Ex. Not sure when Ex dropped the BK exactly; it was there just last week. No movement on Ex yet. I'm hopping on the phone with Eq today. We'll see.

Message 8 of 9
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@LP007 wrote:

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@LP007 

Good morning!

Thanks! Well, my TU EE caused a jump of 39 points, but that was when my spending was registering below 27%. I'm at 53% now and I haven't seen anything move on Ex. Not sure when Ex dropped the BK exactly; it was there just last week. No movement on Ex yet. I'm hopping on the phone with Eq today. We'll see.

Okay, Update time. Looked on the Ex website and this is what I see: 26 point jump.

pre ex ee Screenshot 2021-08-27 09.08.59.pngafter ex ee Screenshot 2021-08-27 09.09.17.png

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.