Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Goodwill Saturation Journey

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: My Goodwill Saturation Journey

So you're suggesting i address my letters directly to this lady? i think i wrote her name down. 

Well today i checked the backdoor on Transunion and i noticed that all of my Synchrony accounts, in which i wrote letters about; are missing information for not only months for where i was late, but also months that i was not. They have not removed any of the late payments yet, but they did remove payment info, like amounts, date etc. I've never seen this happen, its kinda weird. 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 11 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

GREAT NEWS TO REPORT! 

So i just received a call from Comenity bank, and spoke with my case manager. I was expecting her to say, sorry theres nothing we can do. But to my surprise, she said we were able to remove all of the lates for you. 

Thats a total of 4 lates between to accounts. I was absolutely ecstatic. I wanted to send her a thank you card, but she said your gratitud is enough. 

Message 12 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

American Honda (1)- 30 day late

Amazon                (1) - 30 day late - Deleted

BP                          (1) - 30 day late - Deleted

Marathon              (3) - 30 day late - Deleted

Buckle                   (1) - 30 day late - Deleted

Walmart                (2) 30 day, (1) 60 day, (1) 90 - (closed)

Care Credit           (2) 30 Day    

Old Navy               (1) 30 day,(1) 60 day, (1) 90 day, (1) 120 day (Closed - PIF)

Message 13 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Synchrony denied my request. 

I wanted to wait to hear from them before i sent my next round of letters. So i have about 11 to send  out. 

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear you found some success!  Keep it up.

I'm not sure of the age of your negatives, but I would definitely suggest the targeting of the 90 day late and 120 day late on those 2 closed accounts.  90+ (majors) are very damaging for 7 years, where the sting of 60's subsides a good bit. 

Message 15 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Credit bureaus still have not updated my reports to reflect the deleted lates. 

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SchoolbuskidCredit bureaus still have not updated my reports to reflect the deleted lates. 

Are you sure the issue is the bureaus not updating and not that the lender(s) haven't yet sent the updated information to the CRAs?  If you were seeing the update on one bureau and not the other 2 (for example) I'd say the issue could be the bureaus, but if you're not seeing the updates anywhere to me it suggests that the lender may simply be dragging their feet on reporting the new updated information, or perhaps waiting until their usual "time of the month" to report.

Message 17 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SchoolbuskidCredit bureaus still have not updated my reports to reflect the deleted lates. 

Are you sure the issue is the bureaus not updating and not that the lender(s) haven't yet sent the updated information to the CRAs?  If you were seeing the update on one bureau and not the other 2 (for example) I'd say the issue could be the bureaus, but if you're not seeing the updates anywhere to me it suggests that the lender may simply be dragging their feet on reporting the new updated information, or perhaps waiting until their usual "time of the month" to report.

I think it may be an issue with the bureaus not updating, equifax finally updated, this week. I've checked Transunion periodically, they nor experian have updated the accounts. 

I have sent multiple letters to synchrony, they adamantly deny my request. They used language to effect of, "we've updated the bureaus about your dispute" blah blah blah. So i will have to ask them to remove those remarks, i made it very clear in my letters this is NOT a dispute of accurate information.  

Honda Financial is a tough cookie, i plan to fire off letters this week for all the remaining late payments. 

American Honda (1)- 30 day late

Amazon                (1) - 30 day late - Deleted

BP                          (1) - 30 day late - Deleted

Marathon              (3) - 30 day late   Deleted from Equifax and 

Buckle                   (1) - 30 day late   Deleted from Equifax

Walmart                (2) 30 day, (1) 60 day, (1) 90 - (closed)

Care Credit           (2) 30 Day    

Old Navy               (1) 30 day,(1) 60 day, (1) 90 day, (1) 120 day (Closed - PIF)

Message 18 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I had to temporarily halt my credit repair process. Now that i'm home more,  i should be able to tackle the rest. Not much has changed since my last post. 

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

great job! I admire your motivation. 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.