Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Goodwill Saturation Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Goodwill Saturation Journey

I have a ton of lates and a ton of 120+.  Just wondering how your making out.  Also can you point me in a direction of some good will letter templets.  Just trying to get an idea of what I should put in the letter.  I was laid off from my job which screwed me royally.

thanks for the help

Message 21 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well i'm restarting once again, lets see how it goes. 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 22 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Sent my letters to the following Creditors on May 9

• Capital One
  • Walmart
  • Care Credit
  • Marathon
  • Buckle 
  • American Honda

Wish me luck! 

Message 23 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Sent my letters to the following Creditors on May 9

• Capital One
  • Walmart
  • Care Credit
  • Marathon
  • Buckle 
  • American Honda

Wish me luck! 

Good luck!

Message 24 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I have yet to receive any correspondence. I do believe synchrony called me, but I wasn’t able to answer.

I think I had better responses last go around.
Message 25 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

My Honda auto loan recently closed, so Honda sent me a letter requesting info because they couldn't find my account in the system, so i obliged. 

We will see how that turns out. They're really the only ones yet to respond. 

Sent more letters out today, that i had forgot in the first round.

-Milestone Credit Card (genesis financial)

CFNA (Bridgestone Card)

I emailed the CEO of Genesis as well, he handed it off to the Exec team to complete. 

Message 26 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So along with snail mail, i also sent emails to the following here are the responses. 

Milestone

"Hello SBK.  Thank you for your note.  I am forwarding this to our Executive Response team for review and response.  Unfortunately the credit bureaus, not Genesis set the rules regarding what is and is not reported.  We have to comply with them in order to maintain our membership."

Regards,

-CEO

CFNA

SBK,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Bridgestone Firestone account.

This is in response to your request for deletion of the Credit First National Association’s trade line on your credit report. The Fair Credit Reporting Act permits this trade line to appear on your credit report for a period of seven years. After researching, we have determined that the information being submitted to the credit bureau is correct. This information accurately reflects the account history and cannot be changed.

We suggest you submit your explanation as part of your consumer statement to your local credit bureau to be kept on file.

If we can be of further assistance please contact us at 877-888-0844.

So the hunt continues...trying to be patient and wait to hear back from everyone!

Message 27 of 35
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your successes.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i started a goodwill campaign hopefully i can get these 2 paid charge offs deleted not going too well so far i emailed the ceo and president of scana energy over the weekend and someone from scana energy called me back and said she was sorry but they dont delete just update to paid/paid in full was a charge off disappointed but im not giving up i sent 2 letters to the 2 addresses i could find for them guess i gotta keep trying

keep putting her on blast squeeky wheel eventually gets the grease !

Message 29 of 35
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Nothing really to report, other than CFNA and Synchrony sent letters back saying why i think their reporting is inaccurate. I definitely did not dispute anything as i clearly stated in my letters LOL. 

I'm just tweaking Round 2 letters, getting them ready to send out on around June 9. 

Despite no goodwill love, my scores have slowly been rising. Paying everything on time, and paying down/off credit cards. 

TU - 615 (vantage 3.0)

EQ- 569 (should be higher once free FICO score update)

EX - 600 (Fico)

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.