Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Jewelers Club - Gone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Jewelers Club - Gone?

I've recently read where Equifax and TransUnion began deleting My Jeweler Club tradelines from credit reports; my account never showed up on either of them. However, it did on Experian. I wake up today to find that it suddenly disappeared from Experian, which is the only CRA that listed it for me. Apparently, the CRAs tagged this as a bogus account used for deflating DTI ratios, and I guess now all three are on board with it. I just got my MJC account two months ago, so I'm going to reach out to them, but expect they're going to say "too bad" since it is beyond their control.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kb2ehj
New Contributor

Re: My Jewelers Club - Gone?

They stopped reporting months ago.

Many articles online and YouTube videos about it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb2ehj on all three? Mine never showed up on EQ or TU, but was on EX for a couple of months.

Message 3 of 5
kb2ehj
New Contributor

The initial video's I saw on YouTube about the lack of reporting mimics exactly what you stated, not be reported on TU or EQ.

I never had an account with them, but general stuff I've seen online points to the CRA's not viewing them as a legit business/loan.  If you want more details I'd probably either google it or call MJC.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Unfortunately I don't think you'll get anywhere. Since EQ and TU already were discounting it, it appears EX is simply following suit.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.