cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LAST collection is about to fall off!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LAST collection is about to fall off!

It's so old the doctor had retired several years ago. I called the original creditor today and the person I talked to said they would cancel it! Woot woot!! That puts me down to a total of 6 baddies on each report - four AES that had gotten to 120 days old about 3 years ago (since rehabbed and sold to Navient), a Target card that charged off from the same time (since paid), and a charged off Citi that I think I can removed shortly. Ooops and my old Wells Fargo auto loan has some lates on it. Still to go from over 30 stains on my credit to so few feels wonderful. ( wonder now that I am almost free of the collections bucket what is going to be holding me back the most? Too many inquiries. remaining balance on installment loans too high, or the bad payment history? I cannot wait to see what my scores are when the dust settles.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My LAST collection is about to fall off!

Payment history is the biggest elephant in the room its 35% of Fico score. Good job getting the collection canceled.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!  I confirned Citi can be removed after 11/18 Wooot!! I know 4 120+ day lates on student loans, a charged off Target and a bunch of 30 day lates on my old car loan may sound bad but I am THRILLED!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eeeeeeeeee!!! Just got an email. Transunion FICO 8 is now up to 708!! OMG I can't believe it!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.