My Mortgage Goodwill Request Status

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: My Mortgage Goodwill Request Status

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Individually, 1 by 1 so they wouldn't see that I spammed every address out there Smiley Happy

Be sure and let us know if any were successful! Smiley Very Happy

Absolutely, will do.

I received another denial letter in the mail yesterday.  No big surprise as I receive at least 1 if not 2 every week now lol.  I do have another trick up my sleeve though that I'm going to try that could raise my chances of success.  I'll let you know in the next week or so once I try it...

I am intrigued! Smiley Surprised

Message 61 of 80
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I just sent out another round of GW emails to Wells Fargo.

So the OC has to report everything accurately if they report. Isn't reporting optional?

Message 62 of 80
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Well I haven't gotten a single response on any of my GW emails I sent out a few days ago. Maye Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has gotten smart and thrown any email from me in the junk folder. Smiley Indifferent

Message 63 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, reporting is optional.  In the past when they've told me that they're required to report accurate information I've often countered with "well you can also make the decision to report NO information" but I've never received a favorable response.

When I send out a round of 6 GW letters, I usually don't get any responses within a week... most of them start coming about 2 weeks later and a few perhaps about 3 weeks later.  Out of the 6 that I send I typically get back 4 responses, +/- 1.

Message 64 of 80
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I received a voicemail from 2 different Wells Fargo people last night. My phone was on mute and I didn't get to answer either one. I did call back both today and left a voicemail. I assume they will be calling back on Monday. I usually make my request and they say no and I say thank you for calling me back. This time I may take a different approach and ask them to give me a reason why they can't change reporting of late marks and ask questions like:

1. If Wells Fargo makes a mistake on credit reporting, can you not fix that mistake?
  2. What law would you be breaking by making a credit reporting adjustment?
  3. If you won't delete all of the late marks on my credit report from 2015, can you change them to 30 day lates?
  4. Can you choose not to report to the credit bureaus and delete the tradeline?
  5. Who does have the authority to make a CR adjustment?
Message 65 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I look forward to hearing what responses you get.  I think I posted this earlier in this thread, or maybe it was another, but after I was told "no" on the phone and I asked any question even remotely along the lines of what some of yours are above, they would literally ignore the question I asked and repeat like a drone "We unfortunately are not going to be able to change the reported information..."  But why?  "I'm sorry, we can't change the reported information." etc. etc.  It was super irritating.

Message 66 of 80
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Keep playing phone tag with an individual that is in the office of tehe president. Left another voicemail.

Message 67 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm going to start a spreadsheet with the names of the EO individuals that get assigned my case and that I speak with.  I've dealt with 3 people so far and all have been quite different in their approach and/or their seeming ability to help me.  It does seem that if you contact them multiple times they will randomly assign a person to your case, not necessarily the same one you've already dealt with which is nice as you have a chance at a different result with a different person.  I do want to make notations however as to who I feel I have the best "failed" luck with, that is, those that seem to be on the cusp of being able to help and perhaps over time I'll target them again and maybe with some persistence and time they'll bend a bit. 

Message 68 of 80
AutoBot
Established Contributor

The contact from ofice of president never called back after I returned his call. Planning on calling him back again today.

Message 69 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've left voice mails for several people at the EO that have left me messages to call them "if I have any questions" and they never get back to me.

Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.