cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ReBuild Journey as of today :) and need some suggestions ?

tag
Alexj931
New Contributor

My ReBuild Journey as of today :) and need some suggestions ?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am so excited to write that in the subject line. Smiley Happy makes me feeeell good. Anyways this is my journey as of 8/26 let me know if my text in RED is good ? or any other suggestions? 

The Good (ish): 

Barclays CL - 6,700 ; current balance $550.00 (will pay off more when come back from cruise, this is what i paid the cruise with and the cc i have on file)

Synchrony Bank- CL $2,000 ; balance 0.00

Capital One CL 2,500; balance 15.00 x month (netflix or amazon i dont remember)

The Bad and Oh are they BAD :

4 collection Accounts

-Emergency Physicians ER (Hospital visit)  $371.00 owned by AR Resources  (only reporting trans & experian) attempt to PFD?

- Same hospital visit as above (MRI) $850.00 owned by Phoenix Financial Services (reporting to all three) attempt to PFD?

-LVNV (ewww i know)  $299.78 CA collecting on a Capital One I had a while ago AGO date assigned 10/01/2017. LVNV has gone thru AR Resources to collect they are offering a deal pay and settled for $100.00, should i take it ? and attempt to PFD? then goodwill Cap1 since I currently have them. 

-LVNV (eww again ) collecting on a Credit one card I had. $460.00 but TrueAccord (LVNV has gone thru them) is offering a $150.00 amount and letter states it will bepaid in full. Should I take and attempt to GW Credit One to take off tradeline ?

- Credit One Charge Off - missed payment from Aug 2015 until charge off Feb 2016 (reporting on Exp and Equi ONly) but then I have an Okay payment on March 2016- I have no clue where that Okay payment came from ? I never made a payment, and that is only reportng ok on Experian? Does that sound right to you all ? I will attempt to PFD CA (LVNV ewww) if not then will attempt to GW these tradelines?

-Cap 1- 2 lates from 2018 one 1=30 day and 1 60 day? I have no idea what to do with these ?

-BOA AU creditcard- sister  added me a while ago when I needed a card to rent a car. CL is 5000- balance is 3100. This is killing me- Im getting off this card or just paying it off ?

Well thats it. I cant believe i just did this- I was procrastinating so MUCH- I finally got off my BUTT and did it. 

Current Score: 587/568/576

Goal Score in 3 months= 620 (if possible) 

Goal Score in 3 months= 620
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My ReBuild Journey as of today :) and need some suggestions ?

For the medicals, look up posts on medical debt from @gdale6 - he’s got a succinct step by step for dealing with them that will help.

For the LVNV collections, definitely ask if they’ll PFD - worst that happens is they say no. If they will, even if only for full repayment, do so. You can GW the OCs, but know that while CreditOne is known to delete, CapOne almost never will (like, they’ll delete one for every 100k requests, maybe less).

The CreditOne sudden good payment is odd. Double check that you did/didn’t make that payment. Again, attempt to GW or PFD.

For CapOne, you may have better luck with GW efforts for the lates. I have seen people have ok results trying that and they may do it for you.

For the BOA AU account, as long as those aren’t your charges (in which case you’d be morally obligated to pay them), just remove yourself from that account. You are correct that it’s hurting you. You’re in no way legally responsible for that debt. Don’t let it hinder your rebuild.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, check what DOFD for all those COs are to see when they will drop off your CR.  The DOFD is when the account first went delinquent not when the debt was sold to collection agency.  So for older COs, make sure they are still within 7 years otherwsie they should not be reported on your CRs.  I would also add a DOFD for all your COs in your first post so people suggesting advice have all the needed information.  And while the COs are bad, at least, they are smaller amounts and not several thousands of dollars each which will make it easier to do a PFD.

Message 3 of 5
Alexj931
New Contributor

Thanks ImTheDevil- yeah on the AU card im getting out of it. How much of an increase if any is it going to show when it stops reporting such a high utl rate. 

Message 4 of 5
Alexj931
New Contributor

Im going to add that right now. Thanks ! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.