cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Journey 2019 and Beyond

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: My Rebuilding Journey 2019 and Beyond

Having higher CL's is nice for emergencies and padding if you want to buy something in the 0% new card arena and stay below 8.99% total util. Rebuilding should be strictly that. Rebuild, preactice AZEO and then it will blossom out in time. Now the not so good news. Did the company get rid of the 120's? If not. Your in for a rough time for the next 7 yrs. I'd do all you can to try and get those removed. Wash the CEO's car if thats what it takes. Though I havent seen a 120 day be deleted. Which really is 4 lates in a row 30,60,90 then 120. Only from being called to serve or stuck in ICU with a severe illness or injury. Just as bad as a BK but falls off 3 yrs earlier. Jump on the GW letter bandwagon or call and plead you case to try and get them remove. Even if they could go back to 30 day late that would be a tremendous help. Good Luck!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC.
Message 11 of 17
Valued Member

I have used the GW method in the past and will continue to do so. I've also successfully pfd'd quite a few things back in 2016 so I'm well aware of that option as well. It's just a matter of persistence. I think it will all work out and I'm happy to be in a postion to continue the build journey. Cheers!

Starting Score: 549

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 17
New Contributor

I know it's been awhile since I shared but here's the update

Mar 13/19 Confirmed hit was to the EQ from LFCU, identity full confirmed 

Mar 15/19 Fingerhut is labeled as PAID IN FULL

Mar 16/19 Realised SelfLender offered FAKO Experian *facepalm*

Mar 17/19 Learned proper terminology for letters 

Apr 10/19 First credit score received from Langley

Apr 25/19 PFA sues me

Apr 25/19 Cancel membership for credit repair services because it made my credit worse and I can do that all by myself lol. Dropped the so called best company, due to their lack of progress with helping my credit. All their actions made things worse. PFA changed their methods so there is no getting out of paying them. It is better to cut a deal. But I will never use another HSN or Conmenity Bank Product again! This goes for all other banks as well which were unreasonable in negotiations. 

May 6/19 USDE takes my tax refund. Idea of paying down smaller debts quickers goes out the window lol. 

May 16/19 Applied for Walmart , needed to call in for some reason. (Rejected, another bank going on the list)

TU: Up 1 Point

EX: Down 1 Point

EQ: Down 1 Point

Starting: 2/2019

Current 3/2019

Current Cards:

Dream Accounts:
Message 13 of 17
Valued Contributor

2 Collections (US Dept Edu will fall off 2021 Possible clock reset due to the events of May 2019)

^  The Dept of Ed garnishing your tax refund will not reset the clock, if that is what you are referring to (that was my best guess).   
Have you contacted them with regards to rehabbing your student loans?  getting them out of default would be a huge help to you in many ways, not the least of which is removing the default.

If you've already done this (and I missed it - my apologies, I'm falling asleep at my desk!), just ignore me.  It caught my eye as I was going through threads.

Garden goal: Completely clean reports and a gold spade (which, at my current rate, is never going to happen...)
Message 14 of 17
Contributor

I have a question... still new around here, how do I add what cards I have, my scores and my goals? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
current scores

Gardening since 6/03/19
Cap1 Qs $400
Cap1 plat-$300 on steps
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$500 about to be replaced by Amazon builder.
Message 15 of 17

@Shaw83 wrote:
I have a question... still new around here, how do I add what cards I have, my scores and my goals? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

All of that would be in the Smorgasboard forum.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 16 of 17
Valued Member

@calyx wrote:

2 Collections (US Dept Edu will fall off 2021 Possible clock reset due to the events of May 2019)

^  The Dept of Ed garnishing your tax refund will not reset the clock, if that is what you are referring to (that was my best guess).   
Have you contacted them with regards to rehabbing your student loans?  getting them out of default would be a huge help to you in many ways, not the least of which is removing the default.

If you've already done this (and I missed it - my apologies, I'm falling asleep at my desk!), just ignore me.  It caught my eye as I was going through threads.

@calyx is absolutely right.If you haven't tried rehabbing your student loans I would certainly look into it. I did it years ago and after the 9 months of payments they require my scores jumped significantly. Student loans are no longer a hamper to my scores, only credit card utilization and some collections

Starting Score: 549

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 17