Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Journey 2019 and Beyond

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: My Rebuilding Journey 2019 and Beyond

Congrats on your progress!   I'm glad that the CSR you worked with through rehab was nice.   My theory is that that is where they put the good eggs, since we're *trying* to improve, and hard ass tactics are unnecessary Smiley Happy   (or they're just in better moods because they're not dealing with as many hard asses. LOL) 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep up the good work. If you don't stop, you'll always be moving forward.

You're in a good spot right now CC wise. You have 3 REAL CCCs in your lineup with NFCU now on deck. This time next year, you'll be hitting your stride with some super solid CLs in your stable.

Thank you so much! I really changed my plans credit wise for diminishing my current debts and building it to be a strong force Smiley Happy I literrally danced when I was approved for the NFCU lol. I'm thinking of obtaining a credit builder loan through them as well. 

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

Congrats on your progress!   I'm glad that the CSR you worked with through rehab was nice.   My theory is that that is where they put the good eggs, since we're *trying* to improve, and hard ass tactics are unnecessary Smiley Happy   (or they're just in better moods because they're not dealing with as many hard asses. LOL) 

Thank you so much! Yeah, it helps so much when there are services like those Smiley Happy I'm going to keep trying to reason with some of the other lenders. I can't wait to be at the point with no more chasing and overworking.  

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright things are going good Smiley Happy 

Sep 22/19 Spoke to a Disco Rep, discovered why my ratings show awfully. My dates are so close in range that it gives me a bad credit score when they pull my score. Since I tend to rotate and pay it off as soon as I use it. However, the report is pulled 1 day before my due date then reports 1 day after my closing date. I have then decided to be mindful of spending during 15th ~ 26th. Paying off the cards I have by the 15th this way I can have a score that better reflects my money management.

Sep 25/19 Enterprise Refunds Me. This was a no brainer because there was no way for me to be in Colorado 3 hours before drop off in Ohio. It was an illogical charge that should of never occurred and this is why I no longer do business with this company. So much headache each time I enter one of their establishments. I only needed their rentals for family travel. However, I made the tough decision that if someone else dies in my family I just won't attend the funeral if my car doesn't meet the requirements of the trip.

Sep 27/19 Experian updated to 582 woo fair rating sticking! Thank you Experian for always updating facts~ 

Sep 28/19 Waiting around for discover pout, nothing yet. Really shocked that Discover hasn't given me the bump. I've been sooooo goood Smiley Sad Why disco why? \(TT__TT)/  

Temptation to emotionally shop (retail therapy) came hard, but I behaved after the news, didn't bother contacting them about that, just gonna behave until next month and however long it takes for disco to love me!!! D;

Sep 28/19 Looked into credit reports. Looked into my reports and found out the cause of what may have caused Discover to overlook me for a unlock. PRA reports incorrectly. Opened up disputes with all three bureaus. The account is not a charge off when you report it to me as an open account then extract money from my account every month. PRA is not reporting payments, they are only reporting a lower balance. Criminals at their best. 

Oct 7/19 thought about credit repair services again, searched benefits. Let a page open all week on Safari browser for me to visit myfico to learn about ways to do it myself. Not really interested in paying 420 (6 months) for new "assistances". Recalled what Lexy did for me, helped me get sued lol then fussed at me for closing so early.  Made no effort all week to look at the search results.

Oct 12/19 Prepared Goodwill Letters. Today I made the effort to look into DIY credit repair. FB messaged a lender (CAPO) and see what I could do. Before then I googled goodwill letters for late payments. Capital gave me a number to call, that then gave me an address not sure it was 100% accurate but I'm going to roll with it. Verified the address on the forum P.O. Box 30281 is accurate. I wish I looked into all this stuff sooner. Honestly didn't think I could afford it, however ironically I'm making half of what I did last year in income. The power of suggestion is truly something else. 

I have more lates and what not that occured during the same time frame but don't know if I should pursue it. I closed majority of those accounts through a service , paying off the remaining balances.

Does anyone know if it is a good idea to send goodwill letters on closed accounts or just to let it go?

Is it 2 years of feeling the impact of those accounts then they will be less damaging?

Used the template from CFPB for the letter. Crossing my fingers it goes well. Shipping it out tomorrow. Looked up info for Goodwill to remove some fraudulent hard inquires that happend in January. Gathered all the info for those entries. Hoping results go well. Looking to print and mail those out tomorrow as well. Yes I'm aware tomorrow is sunday but the post office box is still present =D

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.