Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Rebuilding Story

Hey guys!

I wanted to share an update to my rebuild story from Disgraced Chapter 7 to Blessed Builder of Credit. I was discharged on 1/19/17 after I converted my CH13(3/15) to CH7 on 8/16. My scores were decent before I filed, but after my job cut hours I could not afford much and then I was diagnosed with PsA(Psoriatic Arthritis) at the age of 33. Tons of medicla bills, less income, and bills still rolling caused my downfall. 

A month before discharge, CapOne approved me for the QS1 with a $500 limit, eventhough I burned them in my BK for a small balance though. I then got the Discover It secured. I used them as much as possible and paying in full several times throughout the month. My scores were in the mid 500's after the discharge hit my report. When these two cards began to report, my scores slowly grew. I was then approved for a Target Red CC, HSN, Zales, Amazon(after burning them as well), and VS. I now plan to let these cards grow and wait on getting a new home in 6 months or so. 

I just want to thank you guys that post and Scupra for the great thread to get back on track. There is hope and a great road ahead after falling down on the journey to good credit. I am learnng to not over-extend myself no matter how many preapprovals I may receive and paying in full for each bill. 

Scores(according to myFico) EQ: 649 TU: 681 EX: 640

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Rebuilding Story

Hi there OP,

We have created your own thread on this. Youo can update this thread with your story as you go along. I changed the title and left everything else intact.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.