Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My attempt at repairing my credit!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My attempt at repairing my credit!!

I'm saying that if you pay these off without getting them to delete from your credit report it will still show on there just as paid and will continue hurting your credit score. Your payment history makes up the largest percent of your credit score.

So having them deleted will clear any negative reports.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you need to drown bad credit history with good credit history.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so it's been about 6 weeks or so since I decided to repair my credit. I just thought I would update my thread and ask some new questions lol

Not having a bank account (checking or savings) was a nightmare, I assumed (not smart) that I was in the chex system and was going to just get denied all day if I attempted to open up an account anywhere. I ordered my chex statement and what do you know? Absolutely perfect, no issues at all. The next day I called up USAA and opened up a checking and savings account with them and have also opened up 3 other checking accounts at multiple banks close to where I live (never again will I go without a bank account lol)

I apped for the capitol one secured cc and also USAA's secured AMEX back a couple of weeks ago and got approved for bothSmiley Happy They are on their way to me as we speak

Today I apped for the discover IT student card and was promptly DENIED (I should of known better than to waste a inquiry on that card due to my reports)

I signed up for the credit check monitor through USAA for 12.95 a month, gives all 3 reports. With that I found out my score is a bit better than I initially thought, 552 vs the 525 KC gave me. USAA sent me a letter recently stating my credit score is 568, not sure where they got that number from, hopefully it's a Fico number.

My plan for the next couple of months is to first and foremost find a damned job then start paying off debt starting with the most recent and working my way down. I'm also going to see if USAA will do a secured loan for me to add a third current account to my reports so I'll have 2 credit cards and 1 loan reporting. At the 6 month mark (December or January) I'll hit up USAA for a unsecured CC.

I really am limited on what I can do at the moment financially due to being unemployed (I get about 1400 a month through the GI Bill for college each month)  so I can't start sending out PFD letters yet for the big debts but I can pay off around one small debt each month starting in July.

What do you guys think about this plan? Am I missing anything or do you guys have any other ideas for me?  TIA

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.