Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit journey and a tip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit journey and a tip

I have been lurking for a few months and this is my first post.

Like many, I made some mistakes and I'm working on my comeback.

I have a Capital One Platinum secured that I made a $99 deposit on (actually $100, I couldn't do 99) for a $201 CL. I made my 5th payment this morning paying the balance. I am using the card for auto pay on theme park annual passes that hit monthly. I've heard some people say a CLI comes in month 5, 6, or 7. Anyone know for sure and what kind of bump up I might get?

I also decided to do a Credit one card. My second statement cuts in a few days and I have PIF on this one as well. I've seen some post that they got a CLI when they paid the AF on the first statement. Anyone have that experience?

Now for a Credit One tip. I pay them through my online bill pay through my bank. It shows up as a payee and literally shows up paid with Credit One on their website in 24-48 hours depending on day/time that I make a payment.

I have not gotten my "real numbers" yet. According to Credit Sesame I'm at 635. I will probably pull the trigger on a myfico subscription in a couple of months.

I'm just getting started, by see light at the end of the credit tunnel, and I'm keeping my train on the rails this time!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: My credit journey and a tip

Welcome to MyFICO Forums!!

IMO, You should check your FICO 8 scores through Credit Check Total $1.00 7-Day Trail. You'll sign up and then cancel your subscription within the 7 days and you will not be charged the full sub amount. Rinse and Repeat.

You can also sign up for Experian which will give you your EX FICO 8 score every month OR if something changes on your credit report. It's absolutely free. 

CS and Credit Karma are only good for check reports and changes but, NOT for scores!! They are FAKO scores and most lenders do not use them in determining credit worthiness. So, please do not go by those scores and start apping for credit. Use the CCT(stated above) to get your REAL FICO 8 scores.

Also, adding another card will help with scores, as long as you follow the "AZEO Method"...that is All Zero Except One...So, all creit cards report Zero bal and leave One to report anywhere between 1%---8.9% and you will see a nice increase in scores...as long as there isn't anything holding your scores down...like LATES, COLLECTIONS(reporting monthly,) UNPAID CHARGE OFF's, and the BIGGIE...MISSED PAYMENTS???

Also, having an INSTALLMENT LOAN reported open with on time payments will give you a good MIX OF CREDIT.

SIDE NOTE: Once you get three GOOD cards...pay down Credit One to $0. Bal, cancel and get rid of it;so, you're not paying an annual fee.Smiley Wink

Hope that helps...Smiley Wink

Good Luck!! Keep us posted on your journeySmiley Wink

Smiley Happy

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.