Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit rebuild journal

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unique December 2012 update

great job this thread is very inspiring! I, like you, have Barclays in my "want" list to rebuild, and I will be taking some pointers from your journey to implement in mine.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 21 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

great job this thread is very inspiring! I, like you, have Barclays in my "want" list to rebuild, and I will be taking some pointers from your journey to implement in mine.

Thanks so much jetsfan2013. Yeah I got Barclay this past December and was surprise of the limit I received. The only thing I am afraid of is the threads stating they monitor you so hard, and they have actually closed people accounts due to having to many new accounts. The good thing is I am in gardening mode and want to let my accounts grow a little.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Unique620 Smiley Happy!

Your journey is very inspiring and gives me hope, seriously Smiley Happy!!

I wanted to ask you because I believe we have somewhat similar scores and having Cap1 and all Smiley Happy  So, you had Cap1 approved back in June 2012 then just applied Barclays last month (6 month gap).  Did you do 6 month gap on purpose (to avoid too many inquiries) or just learned that 3 CCs will help you FICO scoring so you applied and was approved $2000 (awesome Smiley Happy)?

I also have Cap1 (opened in 11/2012) and after reading your post, I was thinking about applying for Barclays but since they monitor you so closely - maybe not a great idea.  

Any advices or suggestions would be great and helpful, thanks!

Message 23 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Unique620 Smiley Happy!

Your journey is very inspiring and gives me hope, seriously Smiley Happy!! Thanks so much Smiley Happy So many people in the forums have inspired me as well.

I wanted to ask you because I believe we have somewhat similar scores and having Cap1 and all Smiley Happy  So, you had Cap1 approved back in June 2012 then just applied Barclays last month (6 month gap).  Did you do 6 month gap on purpose (to avoid too many inquiries) or just learned that 3 CCs will help you FICO scoring so you applied and was approved $2000 (awesome Smiley Happy)? Actually both

• Wanted to minimize credit pulls. I already had several from lender pulls for car in April.
  • Majority of the threads I read stated 3 cards maximize credit score so I tried Cap1 and Barclay and was denied Barclay due to no revolving credit.
  • IIB most of the "BK friendly" cards and needed and alternative which was Barclay so I decided to research the odds.
  • Average threads stated 6-12 months out of BK and a minimum of 1 positive revolving credit card reporting for atleast 6 months. So I waited after my 6 month bill cut and applied.

I also have Cap1 (opened in 11/2012) and after reading your post, I was thinking about applying for Barclays but since they monitor you so closely - maybe not a great idea.  Do you have any other revolving credit cards? And if you applied for BK, how long ago?

If you plan to open several new acccounts around the same time then I would be careful with Barclay.

Any advices or suggestions would be great and helpful, thanks! Keep reading the threads. They have been very valuable in my journey of rebuilding my credit. I do research before I apply for anything. If you are rebuilding from BK just know that it is going to take some time.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 24 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Apple Financial Credit Union secured credit card denied

Applied for Apple Financial credit union back in December 2012. They finally sent notice my application for a secured credit card was denied due to BK. I plan to close the Cpaital One Card since it didn't graduate. So I will keep my Capital One secured card open till I can get approved for anothe unsecured card. I plan to garden until May 2011.

Message 25 of 41
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Financial Credit Union secured credit card denied

You should call on do some recon. 

Message 26 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Learn my student loan lender is actually Ed Financial. Nelnet had it, then it went to Ed Financial! No wonder they didn't have my correct address. Spoke to Ed Financial and they stated they will correct the other loan, but couldn't do anything about lates. 

Will look into GW letter to them.

On Sunday, Capital One sent email that my secured Captial One card was raise by $300 dollars Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 41
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

That's good news. I would still call apple Federal credit Union and call for recon. With you bk being over a year old, you be able to get a secured card.

Message 28 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

You should call on do some recon. 

I spoke to someone there already and they are giving me the run around. They also are stating they couldnt verify something for my membership, but wont tell me what! They stated to wait until I receive my mail.

Message 29 of 41
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Hang in there and wait for the letter. Then do the recon. This a marathon not a sprint. It will work out in the end.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.