Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first 800 FICO post rebuild!

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

My first 800 FICO post rebuild!

Hey all!

After lurking on this forum for 2 years, joining in 2011 and spending many, many hours here working on rebuilding my terrible credit, posting and replying here, I am proud to say I had my first 800 FICO score appear! Granted, it's a FICO 8 (Equifax), but seeing that 800 brought a huge smile to my face.

I say none of this as a brag at all. It has taken me over a decade to get here while rebuilding my credit and finances. I just wanted to share this as a reminder that the work you are doing will pay off in the end, and even when it feels most daunting, keep at it and you will get through it!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
citymunky
Established Contributor

Re: My first 800 FICO post rebuild!

Nice! 

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 2 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome back @rckstrscott with the great news. Congrats! 800 is 800. Who cares when it lands. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Your hard work paid off!!

I know the rebuilding struggle.  This forum (and posts like this) kept me going through my rebuild.  I learned so much.  It takes a lot of time and dedication. 

Message 4 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success! Amazing job 👍👍

Message 5 of 12
aynot4fitness
Contributor

Congrat to you! I'm working to get there myself, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Personal

Business

:
:
Message 6 of 12
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!! @rckstrscott 👍x800!!

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 12
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

Hey all!

After lurking on this forum for 2 years, joining in 2011 and spending many, many hours here working on rebuilding my terrible credit, posting and replying here, I am proud to say I had my first 800 FICO score appear! Granted, it's a FICO 8 (Equifax), but seeing that 800 brought a huge smile to my face.

I say none of this as a brag at all. It has taken me over a decade to get here while rebuilding my credit and finances. I just wanted to share this as a reminder that the work you are doing will pay off in the end, and even when it feels most daunting, keep at it and you will get through it!

-scott

Congrats man! regardless of it being FICO 8 or not, 800 should make anyone happy after a rebuild. Congrats

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 8 of 12
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

800 is a huge milestone, in fact it's probably the top layer.   congrats man!

Message 9 of 12
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story! As a rebuilding who has taken a longer time than many I've seen on the threads, it's encouraging to see the results of sticking it out. 👍 

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.