Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first GW success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first GW success!!

I am so stoked!!

I just started the credit repair process about 3-4 weeks ago.  I have several negs on my CRs.  One of them was a paid collection to CACH, LLC (now Square Two Financial) for a Credit One Bank account from 2006.  When I received the collection in 2007 I PIF'd without dispute (wasn't as educated then).  I GW'd the contact I had for CACH and asked for a GW delete of the tradeline based on the fact that I had PIF without dispute.  I just got an email back saying it was done and should show up in a few weeks.  Here's hoping he follows through!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first GW success!!

congrats!

Message 2 of 11
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!!  Just started working on mine less than a week ago! =)

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!  CASH can be tricky to deal with.  Kudos!

Message 4 of 11
Ciaopeeps
Valued Member

Way to go! Its a beautiful thing! And makes you keep going after them!  Keep up the good work!

Starting Score: EQ 535 TU 545 EX 530
Current Score: EQ 654 TU ?? EX ??
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720 EX 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I was doing my daily pull this morning at USAA and I could tell something was different. I pulled up an archived report to bump it against today's. Sure enough...it appeared this TL was gone. So I came to myFico and pulled new scores and reports for today. Imagine my pleasant surprise to see a 13 point increase in my EQ score and sure enough this TL no longer exists!!
Message 6 of 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Thank you for your post, it gives us Hope that our GW letters will work also.Smiley Happy

Congrats on the 13points!!! Keep up the good work!!

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dmanos....

Where on USAA do you do your daily pulls? I'm a USAA member and haven't seen anything on their site that mentions pulling reports.  Any help is appreciated!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under banking options you should find a link for Credit report monitoring. It will take you to an external site but it is still USAA. I think it is like $5.95 a month or something like that but it is worth it for daily pulls to me.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up and dont give up even if they do not delete or tell you they will not remove. Just keep sending the letters and you may end up getting someone who will remove.

It has taken me around 1-1/2 yrs but went from the low 500's and just hit the 700's this week.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.