Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first PFD success!

tag
JonRun
Regular Contributor

My first PFD success!

So I had a medical collection on my CR from a doctor in my town. They had turned it over to CSD Collections and I had avoided them for a long time. After joining this site and reading about PFD's, I decided to give it a shot. I used one of the example PFD's from here and added a few personal touches. Within a few days of sending the letter, a nice lady from their office called me. I told her what I wanted and she agreed over the phone. My gut told me to trust her and pay the money. I paid over the phone on 5-17 and when I just pulled my report, poof, they're gone! I've got one more PFD in the works with AT&T. I'm pumped up now and ready to see my credit score rise! Thanks for all the good advice on this board. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this site!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: My first PFD success!

Congrats!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 2 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@JonRun wrote:
So I had a medical collection on my CR from a doctor in my town. They had turned it over to CSD Collections and I had avoided them for a long time. After joining this site and reading about PFD's, I decided to give it a shot. I used one of the example PFD's from here and added a few personal touches. Within a few days of sending the letter, a nice lady from their office called me. I told her what I wanted and she agreed over the phone. My gut told me to trust her and pay the money. I paid over the phone on 5-17 and when I just pulled my report, poof, they're gone! I've got one more PFD in the works with AT&T. I'm pumped up now and ready to see my credit score rise! Thanks for all the good advice on this board. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this site!

Not to bring down your enthusiam, because I always got pumped when I saw things removed., but more ust to temper your expectation... unless you get ALL of your collections off, don't expect a FICO increase with each removal.  Example: I saw no FICO increase from removing collections, well, ever because I still have 3 on my report.  I removed 15 or so..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 14
JonRun
Regular Contributor

I hear ya but I'm crossing my fingers the AT&T removal will help a lot. It just showed up in January and dropped my score 57 points. I had migrated my phone number to my wife's account and mistakenly assumed my final bill would roll over to her account as well. Being that I've been a loyal AT&T customer for 8 years and continue to be, I believe them when they say that collection will be removed from my CR. I paid the balance a week ago and hot an email from them apologizing for the trouble and assuring me that it would be removed this week. I guess we shall see. Those were my only 2 collections so hopefully having them removed will help me out a bit.
Message 4 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@JonRun wrote:
I hear ya but I'm crossing my fingers the AT&T removal will help a lot. It just showed up in January and dropped my score 57 points. I had migrated my phone number to my wife's account and mistakenly assumed my final bill would roll over to her account as well. Being that I've been a loyal AT&T customer for 8 years and continue to be, I believe them when they say that collection will be removed from my CR. I paid the balance a week ago and hot an email from them apologizing for the trouble and assuring me that it would be removed this week. I guess we shall see. Those were my only 2 collections so hopefully having them removed will help me out a bit.

Oh yeah.. the ATT one will def help...

All of mine were older than 2 years so that is essentially why I saw no increase... but I like to let people know not to EXPECT an increase, so if one happens, its golden haha

-scott

Message 5 of 14
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I don't expect much, if any, score increase from the old medical PFD. It just feels good to see it gone!
Message 6 of 14
westo12
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

All of mine were older than 2 years so that is essentially why I saw no increase... but I like to let people know not to EXPECT an increase, so if one happens, its golden haha

-scott

Quick question, so collections more than 2 years old, don't factor in your Fico that greatly? 

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 7 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

-scott

Quick question, so collections more than 2 years old, don't factor in your Fico that greatly? 

If you have mutliple collections, newer ones have more impact.

Collection accounts have impact the whole duration they are on the report. For example, if you have ONE collection account, and it dings you 80 pts, it might stlil be dinging you 80 pts in 5 years.

If you have 11 collection accounts, all 3 years old for example, and you have a brand new one added, the new one will impact your FICO greater.

-scott

Message 8 of 14
westo12
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

-scott

If you have mutliple collections, newer ones have more impact. If you have 11 collection accounts, all 3 years old for example, and you have a brand new one added, the new one will impact your FICO greater.

-scott

Ok good to know, so I went from 14 unpaid collections ranging in age from 1yr old to 4 yrs old, down to 6 unpaid collections, ranging in age 1.8yrs old to 2-2.5 yrs old.  If the above thought is true, then (assuming I get PFD approved on all) I should see a greater score impact by paying them in order of most recently added, correct?  

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 9 of 14
diztrukted
Valued Member

it sounds like getting a PFD for a more recent debt is preferred as opposed to resolving the older ones, first, am I understanding that right? 

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.