cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first-ever GW attempt = immediate success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first-ever GW attempt = immediate success!!!

Could you please send me the information as well? I already pmed you before i found your second thread.

Thanks!
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job! I'm surprised those lates still showed from 2015 - that was 10 years ago. They should've dropped off themselves by now!
Message 42 of 46
Mandazoid
Contributor

Toasted, you have a PM waiting for you!

bmhill, my GW happened (and this thread started) in 2011, not 2015. Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Do you mind sending me the contact information you used for Mohela. I would like to send a GW letter for a couple late payments. Thanks!

Message 44 of 46
itsnew
Contributor

@Mandazoid wrote:

I have a student loan through MOHELA (Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority) that has been open since 2004. I pulled my credit report a few weeks ago and it was showing that I had one 30-day, one 60-day, and one 120-day late reporting on it from fall 2005 (this account is one of three baddies on my report, including a paid medical collection from last year and an unpaid CO from 2005). I'd never heard of a GW letter before I found this forum, but I thought I'd give it a go. I did some searching last night and I found an annual report PDF that listed the email address of MOHELA's executive director.

I sent him an email around 1:00 a.m. EST last night and I got a voicemail about an hour ago from someone at MOHELA named Belinda (very friendly!) who said that a request has been sent to all three credit bureaus to remove the late payments from my history and that a letter to that effect is in the mail to me today. She also said that it can take up to 30 days for the change to show on my credit reports and to please give her a call if I have any questions.

WAHOO!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!! Now I might actually have the energy to start working on getting the other two baddies removed, as well. Smiley Very Happy

nice job!!

img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 46
azguy13
Senior Contributor

******OLD THREAD ALERT******

Hey guys, this thread was started in 2011 and it does not appear anyone has responded to requests of sending the letter. However, there are copies of GW letters, PFD letter, etc on the forum already. Here is a link to them. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/10675

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.