Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My jewelers club

tag
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

My jewelers club

Is this a good one to add as a second card or is it considered a store card? Trying to add to my mix as I only had one auto loan and various student loans. Trying to get my mid at 660 for a home purchase

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My jewelers club

I have read that the jewelry club is a good one.  They report a 5k limit so if you keep that down below 1-3% it will help utilization and increase your score.

Cap one is a good secured card as well

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is another company that reports a 5K limit sort of like the jewelry club but it's not jewelry.  I agree that keeping utilization low is key.  Use credit sparingly.  Look up new coast direct.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats some great Progress, Looking into doing that myself thanks for posting the accounts you have opened and have helped 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know other programs who work the same like My Jewelers club? 

Message 5 of 8
pamon
Regular Contributor

Its a store card on my bureau but shows 5k available. Used it for one purchase but it reports mpnthly. Overpriced jewelry and an easy tradeline. They are there for rebuilding.
Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 6 of 8
Medic981
Valued Contributor

My Jewelry Club offers extremely overpriced merchandise, however, an easily obtainable tradeline.

I compared the price of a Casio G-Shock Digital Sports Watch model DW6900-1V offered by myjewelryclub vs amazon.

Myjeweleryclub price Retail Price: $180.89 Club Price: $148.91 Smiley Mad

Amazon price $44.99 Smiley Surprised

My Jewelry Club is charging 3.3 times the price Amazon is asking. That is a huge markup! 

My Jewelry Club is no better than the subprime predatory credit card lenders that myFICO members warn others away from.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You have enough cards and an installment loan. No need for more credit. Pay down what you have to get to AZEO. Time will grow your scores. More credit lines doesnt mean higher scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.