Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My method (your thoughts)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My method (your thoughts)

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on how I am handling with my credit cards as terms of paying them off and using them. So I have a total of 7 credit cards.

Discover is my biggest limit and honestly I have a high balance so right now I am just paying $50.00 each pay period and hid the CRAP outta of that card so I will not be using it until IDK.... $1800.00 current balance $1430.00

Wells Fargo Secure Card - Took this out to help my credit I also am paying $50.00 each month until its paid off and then I am only keeping it until I get an unsecured card from them

Macys gave a $100.00 CL but should I even keep this card???? It has a 0 balance

TJ Maxx $200.00 CL balance is $82.66 paying off min until balance is 0.. should I keep this card???

Credit One  Bank This has been my biggest accomplishment. so what i did was I used my card and paid that balance off times 2 so now I have a 0 balance and ONLY use it for gas because it gives me  extra cash back on gas purcahses

How or when do i apply for the BIG CL credit cards companies?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: My method (your thoughts)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on how I am handling with my credit cards as terms of paying them off and using them. So I have a total of 7 credit cards.

Discover is my biggest limit and honestly I have a high balance so right now I am just paying $50.00 each pay period and hid the CRAP outta of that card so I will not be using it until IDK.... $1800.00 current balance $1430.00

Wells Fargo Secure Card - Took this out to help my credit I also am paying $50.00 each month until its paid off and then I am only keeping it until I get an unsecured card from them

Macys gave a $100.00 CL but should I even keep this card???? It has a 0 balance

TJ Maxx $200.00 CL balance is $82.66 paying off min until balance is 0.. should I keep this card???

Credit One  Bank This has been my biggest accomplishment. so what i did was I used my card and paid that balance off times 2 so now I have a 0 balance and ONLY use it for gas because it gives me  extra cash back on gas purcahses

How or when do i apply for the BIG CL credit cards companies?

How or when.....when your accounts age and your utilization is not high. If you continue applying, your scores will keep dropping and even if approved, you're looking at toy limits. 

If you're looking for significant improvement, do nothing till youngest account reaches a full year. 

If that's not  a reasonable goal for you, six months at minimum. 

After that you can look and see what's available to you. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.